Mystery Ranch 2020

CREillY

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone have any insight into what MR is releasing in 2020? I know they are coming out with additional colors for the Sawtooth 45.

There is a 38 liter pop up and a new frame for the pop up line.

Last edited:
Their customer service told me earlier this year that the Terraframe 80 will be available in at least one earth tones color (only black currently).

This could be a good budget option for those wanting a pack with a meat shelf. They have regularly been in sale for ~$340.

that is exciting to me! my pop up 18 is such a sweet little pack for the coast, so dang practical, can't wait to see the new additions.

I have packed out a couple roosies and several blacktails (packed every blackie with one trip) I know it's not meant to be a heavy hauler, and isn't as good as a true hauler, but it does pretty dang well with a whole buck or bone in roosie ham... ingenious day pack, with no frame sticking up getting tangled in salmon berry, and vine maple.... love mine

TxAg

Lil-Rokslider
I'm torn between the new Pop Up 38 and the Sawtooth 45. It looks like a wash weight wise, so boils down to whether or not I want a true frame. Unfortunately I am in Texas where there really aren't any local dealers to check them out in person. The new style on the Pop Up line is intriguing, I'll have to check out reviews as they get into peoples hands.

OP
CREillY

CREillY

Lil-Rokslider
If you search Sawtooth 45 there a few posts about it. I think I'm going to go with the 45 once they come out with different colors/patterns. I read somewhere that there maybe an additional lid that will fit it as well.

TxAg

Lil-Rokslider
I'm assuming they will add Subalpine as an option on the Sawtooth? I think the Desolve camo pattern has been discontinued by MR.

MR has their newest 2020 features on line that are applicable to their packs. For ex: The Terraframe 80 changed from Phoenix to Loden.

cdg097

FNG

Yes, the Pop Up line has a new frame, along with the 38 being the new offering. The Pop Up 18 will be discontinued. The new frame system will not be offered as a stand-alone to retrofit your Pop Ups that were purchased prior to 2020 though. I spoke with the MR reps at ATA and they indicated that there was never enough interest in just the frame to warrant making them.