Mystery Ranch Bag only option?

zack30

FNG
Anyone heard when Mystery Ranch will be offering the "bag only" option for the Beartooth/Sawtooth?

Thanks in advance.

NDGuy

WKR
Doubt Beartooth and Sawtooth will be bag only since they are brand new but the Metcalf I would say next year from what I remember their rep telling me last summer. Also keep an eye on big sales since they are moving all of their hunting packs to the Guidelight MT frame next year.

OP
Z

zack30

FNG
Doubt Beartooth and Sawtooth will be bag only since they are brand new but the Metcalf I would say next year from what I remember their rep telling me last summer. Also keep an eye on big sales since they are moving all of their hunting packs to the Guidelight MT frame next year.
Appreciate it. Price isn't an issue, as I purchase through Expervoice, so that beats all sales that MR can offer all year long. I hope that they offer the Beartooth in the bag only option. I picked up the Sawtooth earlier this year and love the new frame/pack, but want something for longer hauls into the backcountry.

Thanks again.

jbid62

FNG
I have the sawtooth and want the beartooth bag, so I called MR today. The rep told me they will be releasing them later this summer, he said it is one of their most requested items. It was planned for early July, but the virus has delayed it a little.

No offense to you or MR (I am confident that they said that) but i will believe it when I see them listed on their site. Big fan of theirs and own several of their packs. They have been saying that all kinds of “bag only“ options are just around the corner for years now to you, me and a lot of others. For reasons that aren’t entirely clear to me, it is still only the mule/pintler/Metcalf and it has been thus long enough to tell me it is by design. Mark this date and call them in a year. I bet the rep says the same thing.

@mystery ranch - prove me wrong.

BTW - I am the idiot that bought a Sawtooth and a Beartooth and sold one of the frames so I already placed my bets...

How much did you get for your frame?

cant recall exactly. I think I got the sawtooth for ~$350 and beartooth for ~$400. I think I sold the frame for A little over $200 but I paid $35 shipping. At the end of the day, the sawtooth bag only cost me around $200. Maybe a bit more. I can’t say the juice was entirely worth the squeeze but as i mentioned above, I am an idiot.