Mystery Ranch Beartooth 80?

Newbie here on Rokslide, been camping/hunting for years but always with traditional hiking packs. Have settled on Mystery Ranch Beartooth 80 as my first hunting pack. Any advice from owners out there on additions or things to be weary of? Thank you all in advance.

If you haven't already made the purchase, be aware that Mystery Ranch gear usually goes on sale a couple times a year at 25-30% below MSRP.

Welcome.

big MR fan here and the beartooth is a hell of a bag. I like mine a lot but I will say, I rarely fill it up for anything less than 3-4 days. I own a pintler as well and use that for shorter trips. If I only had one MR pack it would be the Metcalf or maybe a terraplane. You can strap the beartooth down pretty well when it is not full but it is definitely a large pack.

I like and use their backpack lid for side excursions. I think they come with the beartooth now. The one with shoulder straps. another decent accessory is a bag of some sort to contain items on the meat shelf. I use an MR dry pack. Loose items can shift or fall out so I like to have something to give them containment.

OP
ChrisCarson
If you haven't already made the purchase, be aware that Mystery Ranch gear usually goes on sale a couple times a year at 25-30% below MSRP.
Thanks! Got a deal on one from Ebay for $300. Appreciate the response!

MojoTX

Lil-Rokslider
Great pack. You may consider trying the OV MEAN pad. Improved the fit and comfort of my beartooth considerably. I couldn’t get the pack to sit right on my hips without it.

Amazing how mystery Ranch has not addressed their lumbar pad issue. The material the bell is made out of is very slick.

What mystery ranch pack would y’all recommend for a 10 day backcountry archery trip in Colorado?? Looked at the bear tooth 80 and the Marshall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rick653

FNG
Used my Beartooth on a 5 day trip and it worked perfectly. I have noticed that when I load it up with weight the lumbar pad will almost crumble, and the pack will start to slide

I ran the Beartooth 80 for 2 years. Once I hit over 60# I couldn’t get the pack to stay on my hips. The frame squeaks while walking. You can’t stalk in a squeaky pack. I have switched to Kifaru. The lumbar pad solves the sliding and it is 100% American made. All of the foam is more dense. Best customer service. I would go with a Kifaru Hoodlum.