Mystery ranch discontinued veteran discount

Sounds like Mystery Ranch has canceled their veteran’s/military discount program… just in time for Memorial Day too. Has anyone else observed this?

My sincerest Thank You to all veterans for your service!

Drenalin

WKR
I think MR did that a year (or close to two) ago. You could buy this pack in the classifieds. You'll have to try some to figure out what works best for you, but Exo, Seek Outside, Stone Glacier, and Kifaru are all good if the frame fits you.

jimh406

WKR
I agree that it's generally not a good idea to buy direct from Mystery Ranch in any case with the number of resellers out there. Since there are so many veterans, I think most companies just raise the price to cover the discount. I guess that's break even if you are the one getting the discount.

Sounds like Mystery Ranch has canceled their veteran’s/military discount program… just in time for Memorial Day too. Has anyone else observed this?

My sincerest Thank You to all veterans for your service!
There are several good ones, exo, kifaru, seek outside, stone glacier… I prefer exo and kifaru, slightly leaning on kifaru as my favorite, but with them getting so big, I will probably grab the next gen exo, and support them for staying small, and having flawless customer service always (not depending on who you talk to that day) that’s the problem with big business, they lose touch with their customers to an extent… don’t blame them, just appreciate the small guys who are consistent in every regard… seek outside is very similar there

The military discount hasn't been removed. They however moved to ExpertVoice (best deal) and Guidefitter. These sites provide substantial discounts for veterans for a ton of outdoor/hunting gear.
Yes. I just looked at ExpertVoice and MR still has my law enforcement deal, so I imagine they have the military one too.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Exo gives a military/vet discount. However, I do not buy based off of getting a discount. While I appreciate being appreciated and use discounts if convenient, I am owed nothing for my service. Well, almost nothing, I am owed a society that raises children who will effectively be my relief and hold the line and vet discounts contribute nothing to that mission.

Sorry, I will put the soap box away.

philthy

FNG
The military discount hasn't been removed. They however moved to ExpertVoice (best deal) and Guidefitter. These sites provide substantial discounts for veterans for a ton of outdoor/hunting gear.
I'm retired military and there's no MR discount available on Expertvoice, to me anyway. Guidefitter is 10%. I've got 5 or 6 of their packs, so I'm not in the market lol. Better deals a few times a year from other retailers.

davidm21

FNG
I'm retired military and there's no MR discount available on Expertvoice, to me anyway. Guidefitter is 10%. I've got 5 or 6 of their packs, so I'm not in the market lol. Better deals a few times a year from other retailers.
You might want to check with ExpertVoice to make sure they have you in the right discount group. For AD, retired and veterans MR offers 4x what GF offers (that deep discount divide actually seems to follow for most products between the two). It’s quite substantial, enough to make MR packs almost 30-40% less than Kuiu and Stone Glacier with their discount. Same thing goes with Vortex, Steiner, Leica, Leuopold and the list goes on. The few discounts I’ve found that topped Expertvoice are a handful of other retailers that do OEM veteran/LE discounts like AAOptics (no taxes) for Vortex as well as EuroOptics for Vortex (they also provide a flat Mil discount for all their Brands).