Mystery Ranch fit

I have an older Mystery Ranch backpacking pack that is a size medium - it fits great. I have an 18 inch torso. Sizing has changed since I bought this pack, however. The older yoke was more of a medium/large size, while the newer yokes are either small/medium or large/xl. Like several companies, it would seem MR has found a way to save money by offering fewer sizes of components.

In the store I have had a heck of a time getting either yoke size to feel right. Both feel oddly shaped and like they're putting pressure on my outer shoulders and arms. I am wondering if the yoke might feel better under load, because as is it feels overly rigid.

Has anyone else had trouble getting the yoke to feel right for them?

I can't believe you got no responses. I can't get Mr to fit at all and I'm so bummed about it.

I am 5'11'' @ 200 lbs. I wear a 44 suit. The medium felt fine and settled right in under load for me.

I always sized down with MR frames, I should wear a medium yoke and waistbelt, but went with a small in both and they fit better, especially under a load. I also wear my waist belt a few inches above my hips, if that helps any.

tony

WKR
Just picked up a terraframe 65

I'm 5'10 185-190, waist 34-35, (my weight fluctuates) I'm pretty sure mine is labeled small medium. I did the fitting myself and it seems like I got it right in one or 2 tries.
I have not put much weight in it yet but, it feels pretty good.
I noticed an "arm pit pinch", the sternum strap seemed to take care of that. MIght need to adjust yours up or down.
I believe MR sells new yokes as well.

If you can't get a good fit, no matter whose product it is, look outside the brand. A comfortable frame trumps brand badging and price everytime.
I just can't get this metcalf to fit. The shoulder straps seem to be the wrong width for me, and no matter what I do I can't quite get them set just right for height so I can split the load on my hips and shoulders. I want to love this pack, but I think I have to try something else.

I have 2 MR packs, one is the old guide lite frame and one on the updated version. The frames fit me very well with the exception of a little pressure on my traps from the inner shoulder straps. This weekend I messed around with the upper adjustment straps, above the load lifters and it seemed to relieve the pressure I was feeling. I’d never adjusted those before, so you might have luck playing with that strap?

I have 2 MR packs, one is the old guide lite frame and one on the updated version. The frames fit me very well with the exception of a little pressure on my traps from the inner shoulder straps. This weekend I messed around with the upper adjustment straps, above the load lifters and it seemed to relieve the pressure I was feeling. I’d never adjusted those before, so you might have luck playing with that strap?
I can't seem to get the width of the shoulder straps correct for me. Under load my fingers start to go numb and I think it's the shape of the strap hitting the inside of my shoulder. I'd rather not spend the money on a new pack this year but I kinda need my fingers for eating snacks while I'm looking for elk 🤣

I can't seem to get the width of the shoulder straps correct for me. Under load my fingers start to go numb and I think it's the shape of the strap hitting the inside of my shoulder. I'd rather not spend the money on a new pack this year but I kinda need my fingers for eating snacks while I'm looking for elk 🤣
I hear you. Mine would put the slightest pressure on my traps and next and after hiking for 5 or 6 hours it gets painful. But after messing with the topmost tension buckle it seemed to loosen up tension on my neck. I’m wondering if you tightened that buckle if it would move the opposite way to help you? Also maybe call MR and walk them through your issues? Supposedly their pack customer service is top notch