Mystery Ranch Gets 'Woke' - Dives into Politics

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't care less what the people who run MR believe, as long as they keep it separate and apart from their business. It is entirely understandable why a company might be involved in conservation efforts, but the integration of politics (especially the race politics of the left) into every aspect of our lives across corporate America is not a good thing for the country. I'm referencing a post they made two days ago on their social media:

They seem to have abandoned their individualist mentality and embraced another identity - that of identity politics and the boring, unoriginal regurgitation of left wing mantra that comes with it. Some of their hashtags represent the extremely limited vocabulary of left wing zealots:

#builtforthemission #mysteryranch #indigenous #indigenouspartnerships #urbanyouth #conservation #outdoorsforeveryone #diversity #inclusion #diversitymatters #diversityintheoutdoors #blacksinnature #blackinstem #blackbirders #flyfishing #outdoors #diversityoutdoors #indegenous #keepwild #safepassage #publiclands #overlanding

Ram94

WKR
Were "people of color" not allowed in the outdoors? Great way for MR to lose business. Can't be just me that is tired of all this social justice and creating problems that aren't actually problems. I'd rather my backpack company focus on backpacks.

dec0y

FNG
I cannot grasp why some find these posts so inflammatory, even to the point where they would stop doing business with a company because of them. I've seen some go overboard, yes, but this is not that, in my view.

These tend to be the same people that call liberals 'snowflakes' or 'sheep' but can't seem to handle another group trying to get attention or access to what some people (like those on this forum already enjoy), and have enjoyed for most of their life.

Can't we agree that increasing exposure and awareness about the things that we love also helps us sustain the future of our sport and our passions? If you disagree, then why do I need to sign petitions and give money to sustain access and hunting rights. If you think this is a populist sport that is except from criticism, you are kidding yourself.

Or are people so damn sensitive to believe that any mention of race is an attempt to place one person above the other?

Maybe you can convince me that having another industry dominated by the voices of white males is a good idea. I'm willing to have my mind changed.

CorbLand

WKR
I always find it ironic when people say they "couldn't care less" about something but take the time out of their day to make a thread bitching about it.

I couldn't care less but I am going to take time out of my life to tell you about something I dont care about. Doesn't really add up to me but you do you.

Squincher

WKR
I cannot grasp why some find these posts so inflammatory, even to the point where they would stop doing business with a company because of them. I've seen some go overboard, yes, but this is not that, in my view.

These tend to be the same people that call liberals 'snowflakes' or 'sheep' but can't seem to handle another group trying to get attention or access to what some people (like those on this forum already enjoy), and have enjoyed for most of their life.

Can't we agree that increasing exposure and awareness about the things that we love also helps us sustain the future of our sport and our passions? If you disagree, then why do I need to sign petitions and give money to sustain access and hunting rights. If you think this is a populist sport that is except from criticism, you are kidding yourself.

Or are people so damn sensitive to believe that any mention of race is an attempt to place one person above the other?

Maybe you can convince me that having another industry dominated by the voices of white males is a good idea. I'm willing to have my mind changed.

Who is excluded, or even discouraged, from engaging in outdoor activities now? I doubt anyone is so incapable they need my help or support if they want to buy some gear and go hunting. Why would they need your help? Is there some reason you think they are incapable?

And what's wrong with white males? Do you find something inferior about them due to their race or gender?

dec0y

FNG
Who is excluded, or even discouraged, from engaging in outdoor activities now? I doubt anyone is so incapable they need my help or support if they want to buy some gear and go hunting. Why would they need your help? Is there some reason you think they are incapable?

And what's wrong with white males? Do you find something inferior about them due to their race or gender?

Who said anything about being inferior? You are proving my point.

dec0y

FNG
Then why do you need to be convinced "that having another industry dominated by the voices of white males is a good idea." Your writing says you think it is a bad idea.

Because I believe that it would be better for hunters to attract people from more diverse backgrounds to the sport to maintain its already rapidly shrinking public appeal.

edit: typos

Status
Not open for further replies.