Mystery Ranch Gets 'Woke' - Dives into Politics

Status
Not open for further replies.

fwafwow

WKR
You can't really argue with science because scientific research and findings go through such a thoroughly vetted system to even become published, it's nearly impossible for things like religion and politics to skew them. Thankfully it's a better system than our checks and balances within government. I'd even argue that it's a more pure form than philosophy and ethics because it doesn't pick sides.
I wish this was the case. Nothing compares to the government when it comes to problems, but scientists and journal editors are still people and they argue among themselves, even over how to interpret the same data from a single study. The vetting of "peer review" is not without bias. Scientific journals can have bias, research articles can be ghost-written and research that doesn't support a hypothesis isn't always even reported, much less published.

Okhotnik

WKR
You say that they do, but I highly doubt you've ever been in their shoes to know if they've experienced discrimination or not.
I guess that's why you live in Idaho for its incredible racial diversity. Your lectures are much appreciated. I used to live and work in Phiily , Chicago, Brownsville and Baltimore. I used to joke that the only white guy I would see every day was when I looked into the rearview mirror of my car. lol I d love to hear your wonderful stories. I tried taking my black and Sikh co workers deer hunting in Maryland. They didn't like getting up at 4 in the morning but always asked me for venison. Both liked to fish though. My filipino buddy was a hunting monster.

Hoodie

WKR
Unfortunately, that is about where we are at. Where was Jussie Smollett when this was done?

That stuff definitely happens. No argument there.

The question is what percentage of this stuff is real and what percentage is bullshit. It is totally possible that some urbanite social justice warrior drove their Prius down miles of logging roads to paint a swastika on a locked gate.

But it sounds like you're saying that real racism doesn't exist anymore at all. Like it just went poof and vanished sometime in the late sixties.

I think that's probably a little unrealistic.

Last edited:

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
This reminds me of a situation I was part of back in 2016, I was working down in SE and there was a group text for people that were part of this project. One guy who was/is a muslim was constantly bombing the text group with anti Trump political BS. When Trump was elected, within a few hours there he was telling tall tales on the text group

-muslim guy: well its been 2 hours since Trump was elected and somebody already told me to go back to iraq..

-me and other people: this never happened...

-Muslim guy: yes it did, I called the police

-Me and other people: did you film it???

-Muslim guy: no I was too terrified for my safety to mess around with my phone, I called 911 and filed a report.

-Me and other people: this never happened....

-Muslim guy: it did happen, I'll mail you a copy of the police report of you want to pay postage...

-Me and other people: just take a picture of the police report and post it here so everybody can see it...

-Muslim guy: you are all racists....

The muslim guy quit the job a few days later after accusing basically everybody of discrimination.

You are looking for things to white night about, you are looking for victimhood. Like I said you see what you WANT to see.

You are talking about something you WANTED to see. What you are doing is not the same as lying but its not exactly being honest either.
I'm not looking for any of that. I saw exactly what I saw. And just because it doesn't align with most of the people on here right now doesn't mean that it's wrong or I'm being untruthful about it.

ahhh.....the old "just because you didn't see it dosen't mean it didn't happen to others" bit....yeah, the ultimate cop out, so where are the people who DID experience these things???? thats what I thought.
Racism is rampant all of the world. I don't know how you can act like it doesn't happen when there is so much proof everywhere that it is. Just because it happens one place means it can't happen outdoors? The guy who founded the organization is one- so there's proof right away.

That would be nice but realistically the US doesn't have any sewing mills big enough to handle the business. It's one thing when you are a boutique manufacturer that has 5 guys sewing packs in the basement for a few dozen orders a month vs being able to produce enough packs to keep stock on the shelves of major retailers across the country. I'm sure they would have liked to keep everything made in the US but if you have orders to fill and there is nowhere left that can make your product you have to hire whomever you can.
Doesn't Stone Glacier and Kifaru make their packs in the USA?
Is Mystery Ranch substantially larger than these companies?
( I bought my pack back when they were Dana Designs and made in the USA).

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I'm not looking for any of that. I saw exactly what I saw. And just because it doesn't align with most of the people on here right now doesn't mean that it's wrong or I'm being untruthful about it.
So it wasn't posted, nobody was talking about it, you saw a restaraunt with 2 dining rooms and just assumed it was segregated. Is that about right???

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Racism is rampant all of the world. I don't know how you can act like it doesn't happen when there is so much proof everywhere that it is. Just because it happens one place means it can't happen outdoors? The guy who founded the organization is one- so there's proof right away.
No that isn't proof of anything other than a guy founded an organization. Contrary to your beliefs, people of color are not infallible or above criticism.

I mean seriously, equality is the goal but all these white people are lying and a black guy says something so its gospel....hmmm. This is the whole problem with SJW logic.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Doesn't Stone Glacier and Kifaru make their packs in the USA?
Is Mystery Ranch substantially larger than these companies?
( I bought my pack back when they were Dana Designs and made in the USA).
Mystery ranch is pretty big, much more mass produced at this point than any other major pack maker. They also do several government contracts.

I guess that's why you live in Idaho for its incredible racial diversity. Your lectures are much appreciated. I used to live and work in Phiily , Chicago, Brownsville and Baltimore. I used to joke that the only white guy I would see every day was when I looked into the rearview mirror of my car. lol I d love to hear your wonderful stories. I tried taking my black and Sikh co workers deer hunting in Maryland. They didn't like getting up at 4 in the morning but always asked me for venison. Both liked to fish though. My filipino buddy was a hunting monster.
No I live in Idaho because of the access to the great outdoor opportunities and it being a great place to work. I used to live just outside of Cleveland and worked pretty much everywhere east of the Mississippi River for over 10 years, quite often in some pretty rough inner city neighborhoods due to the nature of my work. I went to college at a traditionally black school. So yes, I have seen some things.

I'm not lecturing anyone. I just think that the whole "I've never seen it happen so therefore it doesn't exist" argument is quite antiquated to say the least.

So it wasn't posted, nobody was talking about it, you saw a restaraunt with 2 dining rooms and just assumed it was segregated. Is that about right???
No, I was sitting in the dining room in the front, and the only people that were coming and going into the back room while we were there were black. That's not something you see very often, so I guess the only thing I assumed was that. Because there was no other logical explanation for it. Unless you have a better explanation.

Squincher

WKR

The next time you make up a story to support your world view, say you were hunting in NY or Mass. I have definately seen far, far more open bigotry in NYC and Boston than anywhere in the south.

Squincher

WKR
No, I was sitting in the dining room in the front, and the only people that were coming and going into the back room while we were there were black. That's not something you see very often, so I guess the only thing I assumed was that. Because there was no other logical explanation for it. Unless you have a better explanation.

Maybe all the Kiwanis members in that town were black and they were having a meeting.

No that isn't proof of anything other than a guy founded an organization. Contrary to your beliefs, people of color are not infallible or above criticism.

I mean seriously, equality is the goal but all these white people are lying and a black guy says something so its gospel....hmmm. This is the whole problem with SJW logic.
How One Man is Helping Veterans and Inner City Youth Heal with Fly Fishing - Flylords Mag

This is how I first heard of him back in 2017

The next time you make up a story to support your world view, say you were hunting in NY or Mass. I have definately seen far, far more open bigotry in NYC and Boston than anywhere in the south.
Yes, just making things up- you caught me. I have pretty thick skin so you can call me whatever you want when it comes to the things that only I have seen in my life. But it's not really supporting my own world view, it's supporting THE world view. Racism and bigotry are all around us each and everyday. Why the hell would I make something like that up? And yes, I'm sure far worse goes on in bigger cities around the country.

Ok I will go out in a limb and say you won’t see a ton of Black people or any other race, besides whites, start making a big push in the outdoor rec space. I was in the military for 10 years and had lots of friends of different races. The truth is, they just simply don’t enjoy it. Yes can you make a push to try and get more involved, sure, but reality is the majority have different interests and choose not to be outdoorsy. Very simple but people want to make it into a racial issue, which it is not.

Do those of color who participate in outdoor activities run into racial issues, probably so. Just like you would in anything. That goes both ways. Some of the most racial people I have met were not white. Just saying.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Im guessing you saw like one black family go sit in the back. Did it ever occur to you that maybe they wanted to sit in the back? I mean black people are able to make their own decisions about where to sit.

I saw a black guy go sit at the back of a bus one time, never occured to me that I was on a segregated bus, I figured the dude just wanted to sit in the back.

Like I said, you see what you WANT to see. Im guessing you went to Alabama just expecting to see racism everywhere so you made up the scenario in your own mind when it wasn't like you had expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.