Mystery Ranch guide light frame.

North61

Lil-Rokslider
Wonderfully made pack. I bought the XL size and the frame is pretty short for me. It's only about 24.5" bottom of belt to load lifters and I only get 20 degree lift or so. I think with a heavy load I'd get very little lift. Is it possible I got the wrong frame height as there is no way this is a tall guys pack. (I have a 22" torso.)

That’s it. That’s all there is. If having load lifters up by your ears is what matters to you it’s not the way to go. However The geometry of the frame is effective with the futura yoke and is a easier to deal with while you hunt if your in the timber etc than 26-28” of frame. And it can absolutely HANDLE a stout load. Make sure you fit the futura yoke properly. Videos on YouTube about it or I can walk you through it or another guy around here can. What you will find once you fit it and load it up is that it is a really active suspension. It clings to you rather than wanting to move independently of you- so you won’t need as steep a lift angle to relieve the load from your shoulders- similarly the modest lumbar pad and belt, not really an issue for most builds because the pack is really smeared to you. It’s not for everyone anymore than anything else is- but it’s been demonstrated to be effective, and since you’ve got it onhand now- you may as well give it a shot

Last edited:
OP
N

North61

Lil-Rokslider
I'll put 80 pounds in it and see how she handles. Got it at 25% off so Ill try it for a few days at least.