Mystery Ranch Guide Light MT Sizing

Looking for those of you that have the new Guide Light MT frame to provide some feedback on sizing. I’m 6’, 185 with a 34” waist. My waist measurement using the MR technique is 39”. By their guide, I should buy a large frame/belt and am near the top of the range, but I’ve seen at least one other person that was my size using a medium. Anyone with similar measurements have data you can share?

My EXO K2 with a K3 belt is a medium, and when tightened, it’s almost too big. In fact, I keep a small belt in the truck in case it ever gives me trouble, but I definitely like the near full hip belt wrap around that I get with the medium belt.

gregory r

Lil-Rokslider
I had the Guideline MT with the XL waist belt, marked 39+.
The padded portions, stretched out flat, measured only 34 inches tip to tip. The nylon straps added another 10 inches per side.
I wear 40 jeans, and the padded portion just didn't wrap the front of my hips enough.

OP
G
I had the Guideline MT with the XL waist belt, marked 39+.
The padded portions, stretched out flat, measured only 34 inches tip to tip. The nylon straps added another 10 inches per side.
I wear 40 jeans, and the padded portion just didn't wrap the front of my hips enough.
That’s good info. I will measure my K3 belt for reference, but based on this, it sounds like an XL would be a smidge too big and a large would be just right.

Ram94

WKR
I'd go with the Large. I am 6'3" 205lbs with a 35" waist and I ordered a medium to start with but ended up returning it for a Large and it fit me a lot better. The MT frame doesn't wrap around the front of your hips nearly as much as the older frames did. I am still a good 6" from having the pads touch at the front.

I am the same size and use a small belt, with the medium the pack would sag/slide down my hips under a heavier load.

#publiclands

Lil-Rokslider
I’m a pant size 32 and measured size 36-37. I’m on the upper end of a/m according to Sizing chart but MR as recommends sizing down it between sizes. Would the m/l be too big? Any recommendations?

Jg48

FNG
Looking for those of you that have the new Guide Light MT frame to provide some feedback on sizing. I’m 6’, 185 with a 34” waist. My waist measurement using the MR technique is 39”. By their guide, I should buy a large frame/belt and am near the top of the range, but I’ve seen at least one other person that was my size using a medium. Anyone with similar measurements have data you can share?

My EXO K2 with a K3 belt is a medium, and when tightened, it’s almost too big. In fact, I keep a small belt in the truck in case it ever gives me trouble, but I definitely like the near full hip belt wrap around that I get with the medium belt.
What did you end up going with? I’m looking at a sawtooth 45 and I’m very similar measurements for waist. I’m 6’7” 235ish. I wear 34 size pants (from gap, old navy etc) but when measuring with clothe tape according to mystery ranch guide I’m at 38.5 inches. Was considering going with the XL to accommodate late season hunts/bulky clothes (I live in northern Illinois). If you went with the large, is there enough room for you for cold weather gear?