Mystery Ranch Marshall vs Metcalf

FYI guys here is an email I got from active junky. They are having 30% off towards points on a future purchase and active junky is giving 14% cash back. That’s a big savings for future gear!
eb5264f34490a5aab9bedbb6f52fe431.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravisIN

WKR
So I feel like I’m a little lost.

Is the GL frame going to be compatible with new bags? Or are they going to the Terra frame and the GL be obsolete?

Is the GL frame going to be compatible with new bags? Or are they going to the Terra frame and the GL be obsolete?

With what I have read here is the GL frame will work with the new bags but the buckles will need to be swapped out for compatibility

Keep in mind 3 different frames are being discussed (well 4 if you count the people mentioning the NICE frame).

The Terraframe is almost a carbon copy of the GL frame. To be honest other than the buckles and it being their "mountain version" I don't know how it differs.

The Guidelight frame was the flagship MR frame that was compatible with all their hunting bags (although they only sold a few as bag only, hope that changes)

The guide light MT frame is what theyre going to moving forward with new buckles and a beefier waist belt.

The big question is how will current GL frame/bags be cross-compatible with the new GLMT frame/bags. It sounds like from others that it'll work with a buckle/adapter kit from MR but we'll have to wait and see.

Matt G.

WKR
FYI you can get brand new metcalf or marshall at steep discount in opticsplanet. $318-368....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I almost bought mine off optics planet but it just seems a bit suspicious about the site. I have no first hand experience with them though. Do you? Or does anyone else for that matter?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OP
J

Jnevils21

FNG
Thanks for the input everyone. And thanks for the heads up on optics planet, serious deal. I went ahead and purchased the Metcalf. Now I just hope it fits well.

Deadeye11

FNG
I bought my melcalf a few weeks ago planning to do these types of hunts. Can't wait to test it out this year!

Young Blood

Lil-Rokslider
I've been back and forth between the pintler, holding out for a sawtooth, or saving up even more and getting an exo. Thanks for the heads up on the optics planet deal. For $290 I couldn't pass up the pintler. I will load it up and test it out and if it doesn't ride well I will return it and go for the exo. Also, my wife bought me a rangefinder off optics planet for Christmas with zero issues.

GPool1842

WKR
Terraplane is 330D fabric vs 500D fabric for Marshall/Metcalf in solids, therefor lighter and not as durable. Just FYI...

Same dilemma last year for me, ended up going Marshall. 9 day solo trip, first elk hunt. Worked just fine as a day pack after camp was set up. No issues at all. Personal preference, but I’d rather have gear in my bag instead of on the load shelf. I had the thing full and appreciated every inch of the Marshall.

tag_out

FNG
Great question! I was in the same situation recently. I currently am running a 5300 ci bag and am strapped for room. I normally go solo so its all on my back. I was going to order a Marshall but day hunting with such a large bag sucks. I ordered a Metcalf with full intention of using the shelf and dry bags for the pack in and ditching most of the load at camp. I went with the Metcalf because it pulls down so tight when empty.