Mystery Ranch Metcalf Internal Storage

I am looking to get a new pack system and I am considering the Metcalf. One quesiton I have is what is the interior of the bag like? form what I can find it is pretty minamilistic, which is probably ok but I cant find any info if it at least has a hydration resevoir sleeve? I would think this is standard on any pack now days. Can anyone confirm this, or does anyone have experience with these packs? Not to get into the debate but the other pack I am considering is the new Exo K3 probably in 4800. I currently have a KUIU.

It has a sleeve and nothing else. Lid has two compartments. I have kifaru pull outs to organize.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Seconded. I personally like the minimalist interior. Those lid pockets and the one zippered pocket on the side are just right for what I need usually.

Thats exactly how I roll. Most of the time I don't use the lid either.

I didn’t like the lid til I started putting my filter and jetboil in it. Then it made sense. I like trying new configurations all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Eastman528
Seconded. I personally like the minimalist interior. Those lid pockets and the one zippered pocket on the side are just right for what I need usually.
Thanks for the reply! I posted this up and then actually was able to look at one in person at a store here locally today. I think I could larn to like the minimalist design as well, my Kuiu Icon pro 5200 is the exact oposite it has so many pockets and inner mesh pockets I lose stuff haha. I think I would do like you had mentioned as well and just use some small dry bags to keep certain gear organized.

gofast23

FNG
I am looking to buy my first pack and have been looking into the MR Metcalf. Can someone explain why the minimalist interior is an advantage over something with more pockets/organization?

As an added bonus, since I am looking at used gear, can someone explain the differences between the NICE and GL frames?