Mystery ranch metcalf pack

MtnBum

Lil-Rokslider
What is your guys thoughts on the mystery ranch packs, interested to see what you guys think?:confused:

Great packs.Myself and two of my hunting buddies are running them. I use mine for everything from a daypack and have gone as long as 4-nights out with the pack. Packs meat well. I don't have experience with other alpha level packs.
In the Marines I used an Alice with/out frame. I have owned Dana Designs, Gregory and Cold Cold World packs for non-hunting uses.
Another hunting buddy just ordered a Kuiu, ill compare side by side in a week or so.

NDGuy

WKR
Use the search bar. You will find several posts with Metcalf in the subject line. I myself posted 2-3 times about Mystery Ranch about 1-2 months ago.

Those had a lot of great info.

OP
MtnBum

MtnBum

Lil-Rokslider
Great packs.Myself and two of my hunting buddies are running them. I use mine for everything from a daypack and have gone as long as 4-nights out with the pack. Packs meat well. I don't have experience with other alpha level packs.
In the Marines I used an Alice with/out frame. I have owned Dana Designs, Gregory and Cold Cold World packs for non-hunting uses.
Another hunting buddy just ordered a Kuiu, ill compare side by side in a week or so.

Yeah I purchased the Metcalf in the dissolve camo a little over a week ago, I've only put in about 10mi on the pack and I love how well it compresses and how versatile the pack is in general, not to mention I really like the dissolve camo, it blends well with my kuiu layers. This is the first nice pack I've invested in so I just wanted to hear what other guys are thinking of them. If you could it'd be awesome to hear back from you on the comparison between the two, My hunting buddy is looking at the kuiu 5200 I belive and is on the fence between kuiu and MR.
Thanks for the info!

NDGuy

WKR
Yeah I purchased the Metcalf in the dissolve camo a little over a week ago, I've only put in about 10mi on the pack and I love how well it compresses and how versatile the pack is in general, not to mention I really like the dissolve camo, it blends well with my kuiu layers. This is the first nice pack I've invested in so I just wanted to hear what other guys are thinking of them. If you could it'd be awesome to hear back from you on the comparison between the two, My hunting buddy is looking at the kuiu 5200 I belive and is on the fence between kuiu and MR.
Thanks for the info!

You'll love it good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
MtnBum

MtnBum

Lil-Rokslider
Use the search bar. You will find several posts with Metcalf in the subject line. I myself posted 2-3 times about Mystery Ranch about 1-2 months ago.

Those had a lot of great info.

I'm still trying to learn my way around the forum, I'll use the search bar I didn't even think to use that to search for threads! So far I love it, I follow alot of Randy Newberg's stuff and hes initially what turned me onto MR.

NDGuy

WKR
I'm still trying to learn my way around the forum, I'll use the search bar I didn't even think to use that to search for threads! So far I love it, I follow alot of Randy Newberg's stuff and hes initially what turned me onto MR.

It's all good the search isn't perfect but it is a start usually. Did you find my old post?

OP
MtnBum

MtnBum

Lil-Rokslider
It's all good the search isn't perfect but it is a start usually. Did you find my old post?

No I still havent found it, do you have a link to it?:confused:

boom

WKR
i have a new Metcalf in my garage. with all the new pack smell. took a while getting it after they all sold out last year on me..and this year..well. still too soon to talk about.

well, i finally got the pack. the thing is damn intuitive. i stuffed a 40lb ish bag of beans in it and fitted it. it was easy. i'm sure i will have to do some more adjustments as trail walking illuminates the details. i love the reverse pull waist strap/belt. i bet all packs go that way now. you can cinch up tight..even with a janky shoulder. (KUIU was first in that design?) i peeled the bag off the frame and checked the meat section. it's not snap off and go for sure, but watching a youtube video plumbed me up.

that's all i can say since i havent hunted with it.