Mystery Ranch mule or cabinet vs. Kifaru Stryker

Has anyone here had a chance to directly compare the Kifaru Stryker to the Mystery Ranch Mule or Cabinet? Looks like the same idea. How would you compare the quality between the two? Is the Kifaru meat/camp bag hauling area larger than the mystery ranch? I like the idea of a framed day pack that has the ability to haul out a load of meat or pack in somewhere with a camp bag. I get a pretty good discount on MR products but if the Kifaru is that much better I'll wait a little bit and save some more.

I have not compared the bags. However, I ran a MR Metcalf (pre 2019 model) and chose to go with the Stryker because the Kifaru frame is a step up in comfort for me. I too got the MR at a low price, but felt Kifaru's frame was well worth every penny.

easilyamused

Lil-Rokslider
The biggest difference will be how the frame fits you. A friend of mine runs the mule bag on his duplex light frame and it works very well with an OR 55l dry bag in the cargo area. He had the MR frame and got the kifaru after trying mine because the comfort level was much better for him. Bag wise the stryker is much more flexable for being able to add pouches to it as needed and having a sleeve against the frame sheet as well, but I have nothing bad to say about the mule bag, its pretty simple and works for what it is.

Attachments

• B54EA146-B6B7-4A6C-B754-ECE7394DD50F.jpeg
    B54EA146-B6B7-4A6C-B754-ECE7394DD50F.jpeg
    436.3 KB · Views: 42

prm

WKR
I have a Mule and a Stryker. Both are great packs. The Stryker is larger and more capable. For day hunts and hauling up to about 60lbs the Mule is great. I did pack in for 3-4 days with the Mule and that was maxed out. Managed to haul a Muley buck out. The Stryker is better suited for 5+ day backcountry hunts and for hauling heavier loads. Certainly better for elk. In short, the Stryker is the pack I really wanted after using the Mule.

prm

WKR
As for area, if you measure from shelf attachment on the bottom, to the upper strap attachment and then between the strap attachments, the MR is taller. The Kifaru attachments are much more solid.