Mystery Ranch NICE bag information?

I’m new to the forums and am looking for any info on the old NICE frame bags. Maybe I’m not googling the correct string of words, but I can’t seem to find a list of hunting bags and specs compatible with the NICE frame. I have a Crew Cab and wouldn’t mind picking up another bag, especially if I could find some load lifters as well. Thanks!

smith406

FNG
The Lift Kit is probably going to be tough to find, Mystery Ranch said they don't even have any left for warranty work. So I would try these guys https://ovinnovations.com/collections or go the DIY route.

For a new bag the Pintler and the Mule work but unless you can find old stock you need to swap the buckles.

When you say hunting bags are you only looking for post NICE frame hunting line bags?

I have recently swapped out buckles to make a sawtooth 45 and a beartooth 80 work on my NICE and guidelight frames.

Wrench

WKR
I have several bags for my nice frame. I actually prefer the nice to everything else most of the.

I would sniff around 24hr campfire as that crowd has a lot of experience with them.

My bags are 5800 and some customs.

OP
G
The Lift Kit is probably going to be tough to find, Mystery Ranch said they don't even have any left for warranty work. So I would try these guys https://ovinnovations.com/collections or go the DIY route.

For a new bag the Pintler and the Mule work but unless you can find old stock you need to swap the buckles.

When you say hunting bags are you only looking for post NICE frame hunting line bags?
I was actually thinking actual old school NICE compatible bags, things I might be able to find here in the classifieds or ebay. I remember the Longbow and a couple larger bags, but am not finding specifics. I was thinking more the hunting specific bags as I seem to remember the MR tactical packs were covered in more Molle then I would need.

OP
G
I have several bags for my nice frame. I actually prefer the nice to everything else most of the.

I would sniff around 24hr campfire as that crowd has a lot of experience with them.

My bags are 5800 and some customs.
I will keep my eyes peeled on the campfire. Good call.

OP
G
I get that, just looking for information for Mystery Ranch specific NICE packs.

TheTone

WKR
Some of the bigger bags had frame extensions built in. I know the first model of metcalf did, 6500 did. Not sure what others may have had same features.

All pack bags that will fit an alice pack style frame will fit on a nice frame...

+ 1 for this. I have a FILBE on a nice frame and it is great. That nice frame will hold any MR hunting pack that is pre the guide light MT frame design (guide light) and any new bag with some buckles. eBay is your friend. Try to pick up an older Metcalf bag. Super versatile and plenty of room for long trips.

Kostrize

WKR
I have a Mystery Ranch Multicam Wolf Alpha bag on a NICE frame I’d sell if you’re interested

mactastic

FNG

MR will make you a lift kit, I think at whatever the old price was. They made me one 2 years ago and turned it around quickly.

TheTone

WKR
The list kits work great. I used mine all the time with my crew cab for meat hauls

Clovis

Lil-Rokslider
I still have a 6500 bag on a NICE frame--the bag has built in load lifters that aren't a part of the frame but link up with it. I haven't compared it to any of the recent MR products but it is a burly overbuilt set-up and nothing I have tried (but I haven't tried everything) works as well for a truly heavy load. It is 9+ lbs empty if I recall correctly. Wish I had gone with the 7500 bag which has same lifters built in back when everyone was selling their NICE rigs in the classifieds.

pingsc

FNG
I have recently swapped out buckles to make a sawtooth 45 and a beartooth 80 work on my NICE and guidelight frames.
@justinspicher, was that Back to the Future buckle kit (or whatever they call it) from MR the only thing that you had to do to get the Sawtooth/Beartooth to work on a NICE frame?

@justinspicher, was that Back to the Future buckle kit (or whatever they call it) from MR the only thing that you had to do to get the Sawtooth/Beartooth to work on a NICE frame?
I used buckles that I already had on hand, but yes, the back to the future kit is handy. You can find buckle sets on ebay pretty cheap.

pingsc

FNG
I used buckles that I already had on hand, but yes, the back to the future kit is handy. You can find buckle sets on ebay pretty cheap.
Awesome, yeah just wanted to confirm that that's all you need to do to retrofit the newer bags. Now the only thing left is to find a bag-only Sawtooth...