Mystery ranch - noisy fabric?

Orchemo

Lil-Rokslider
I was looking at Mystery Ranch packs today (Pop up 28) at a local shop.

Seemed the material as crinkly? Made noise when handling the empty pack. Much more so than my Sitka packs

Curious what other people's thoughts are. Seems like people rave about the packs, but are the noisy?

Thanks

Mine seemed nearly just as crinkly after several hundred miles of hard use as it did new. It was noisy but most comparable options are just as loud. That being said, it was super durable.

it's a non issue in real world hunting, and they are actually more quiet than most rubbing against brush and stuff. you may not want to start digging around in your pack when you have a bull in bow range, but normal hunting stuff, they are no louder than the rest.

the seek outside packs are like a damn sun chips bag, but even they aren't a problem in real life, they are only loud when digging around in the bag, and the pop up isn't even very loud doing that

OP
Orchemo

Orchemo

Lil-Rokslider
Interesting, over the years I have moved from Badlands and Eberlestock to Sitka because the Sitka fabric is soft and quite, but the Flash series just doesn't have a great meat hauling platform.

My Nimrod day pack is also very quite as it has more a fleece fabric.

Just liked the Pop Up concept for meat hauling or hauling bivy gear.

Last edited:
If you're serious about hunting and less so about posting Instagram pictures, some spray adhesive for fabric and a yard or so of quiet material will make any pack quiet. I save every piece of brushed or fleece fabric clothing I have to cut up and glue to noisy hunting material.

OP
Orchemo

Orchemo

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for feedback. Ended up getting an Exo. Will break it in next week with a 4 day archery hunt in E OR. Then another 6 days afield before the end of the month.