Mystery Ranch Pintler addition...

Bushfire

Lil-Rokslider
Hi, looking for ideas on how to get more room on my Pintler. I love the pack and it works great for a day pack and I've used it for 2 night spokes. If I draw a mulie tag this year we are planning for a 5 night spike, how can I add more space?

No I'm not getting a new pack this will be the last time I ever spike this long.

Thanks!

You could add a dry bag to the load shelf with extra goods.
This. Lid is fine but a dry bag is a great way to go. Maybe also consider loading your sleep gear externally. IMO the difference between 2 and 5 days is mostly consumables - food, fuel, etc. while I prefer a full size pack for longer trips, a small pack and a dry bag works fine for occasional use. If you go the lid route, keep the costs in mind. Lid is $100. Dry bag is $35-50. Keep stacking up the costs and you may be able to catch a beartooth bag used or on sale for not much more.

The Hunting Daypack Lid and dry bag are both good options, either separately or in combination. The neat thing about the lid is that it has it's own shoulder straps, so it can be used as a very simple day pack on it's own. I haven't tried it with mine yet, though. I have one on a Sawtooth. I know it will fit on a Pintler with a Guide Light MT frame. Can't speak to the older Guide Light or the Nice frames.

UtahJimmy

WKR
You could add a dry bag to the load shelf with extra goods.
This! I can get 10 days out of my pintler by using a dry bag in the load shelf. that's the longest I've done so far, but could go more. As someone else mentioned, the difference between 2 and 5 is just food and fuel

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk