Mystery Ranch Pintler

McCoppin

FNG
I've been on the hunt for a new pack recently that can be used for 1-3 day hunts with the ability to haul meat and really just a versatile pack all for under 300. That said after looking for about 2 weeks I have came across a brand new pintler shipped for 294.

After all the reading I've done it seems to be perfect for what I am looking for but before pulling the trigger want to hear some feedback from those who have used one.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

NDGuy

WKR
It's a great pack you are G2G although you just missed some sales. Sub $300 shipped is a great price too.

The Sawtooth 45 is an excellent pack as well. That's my current setup.

I went from pintler to sawtooth mainly because I am a pack nerd of sorts. Loved my pintler. It is a great pack for everything from heavy day loads to 1-2 nights. Depending on how and wha you pack you are going to need to use the meat shelf to get more than a night or 2 of gear in it

Bmoore

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve also been looking for a sub 300 pack. Where did you find the pintler for that price?

UtahJimmy

WKR
Love my Pintler, you're good to go. I would probably try to get the new version of the guide lite frame if you can.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
McCoppin

McCoppin

FNG
I’ve also been looking for a sub 300 pack. Where did you find the pintler for that price?
It was a local sale but goHunt has them right now for 356.00

OP
McCoppin

McCoppin

FNG
Love my Pintler, you're good to go. I would probably try to get the new version of the guide lite frame if you can.

It does have the guidelines frame im looking forward to giving it a run

marctog

FNG
I run a Pintler...love it... packs down small enough to run as day pack and big enough for me to run overnight. Frame is super comfy when packing meat and narrow enough to not seem overly bulky. I did have some issues with sticky zippers this year but will wax them and see how next year goes.

UtahJimmy

WKR
I believe he is referring to the Guide Light MT frame. Only a few packs currently come with it. Older packs fit but the buckles need to changed out.
Yes, the MT version. It's got an improved hip belt that takes away the only problem I have with the guide light frame

22Jdub

Lil-Rokslider
Pintler is a great pack. Can't go wrong with it. Perfect size for what you're looking for and hauls heavy loads great. I like the zipper configuration on the sawtooth better though.

OP
McCoppin

McCoppin

FNG
Pintler is a great pack. Can't go wrong with it. Perfect size for what you're looking for and hauls heavy loads great. I like the zipper configuration on the sawtooth better though.
I never even considered the sawtooth probably should have checked it out alot more seeing it's about the same Size and has the MT frame

Fatcamp

WKR
I guess that's why we are seeing the low prices. Older model closeouts? My wife has the pack and I like it. Just about to make a switch and the different brands of great packs make it tough.

ewade07

WKR
I used my Pintler exclusively this year in Montana, from archery season to late season rifle. I could get 3 days out of it pretty easy, especially in archery. Hauls loads great.

CBreeze

FNG
3 days in a pintler is pretty Easy unless it gets cold. opening week of rifle this year in Montana it got pretty cold and I had to use a bulkier sleep system than I usually do, plus over mittens, plus booties etc. I opted to sleep in my wagoneer After the first few days of the season because the conditions were fairly harsh and I was getting a little worn down by that point in my season after hunting Idaho Oregon and an antelope interlude in Wyoming. If it’s upper 20s and up I think it’s fine for 3 days. I love the additional flexibility it gives me over my old longbow without disrupting the streamlined and compact nature of that platform.