Mystery ranch pop up 28 question

Hey guys I am buying a new pack this year and for what I am looking for I think I will be getting the pop up 28. My only concern is that I would like to occasionally attach my gun or bow to the pack so my hands are free. Is there any way that can be done with the pop up?

NDGuy

WKR
Hey guys I am buying a new pack this year and for what I am looking for I think I will be getting the pop up 28. My only concern is that I would like to occasionally attach my gun or bow to the pack so my hands are free. Is there any way that can be done with the pop up?
I had the Pop Up and returned it for this reason, bow and gun didn't feel secure enough for me. If I were in your shoes I would grab the Pintler, Selway or Sawtooth.

I have attached a gun bearer to mine. Have also strapped my bow to it. You have to add straps as there really aren’t any available. Also, in daypack mode it has a relatively small footprint. Your bow is going to overlap it above, below or off the sides depending on how you rig it. I rigged mine side ways across the top to free up my hands hiking in and hauling meat. It worked fine in pretty open terrain.

I would agree with the post above that within the MR line those 3 packs are probably the most versatile. Pop up is basically a daypack with just enough frame to haul on occasion. The bag fills up quick. The frame works but it isn’t a replacement for a full size hauler if you use it in that role often. It doesn’t have the stability or padding. On the plus side, it is lighter, more compact and cheaper than a full size pack.

NDGuy

WKR
Also should add that they are coming out with a Pop Up 35ish L next year.

Also should add that they are coming out with a Pop Up 35ish L next year.
Great. Right after I bought my 28. LOL

But I think I'll be fine in the 28 for day hunts.

To the OP's question, I'm planning on adding a Kifaru gun bearer to my PU 28.

Last year I used a Eberlestock Dragonfly with the rifle scabbard, and that was incredibly handy for my rifle on hikes in and out. But most of the time I'm hunting, my rifle is in my hands. I'm willing to trade a few pounds of pack weight and some size for the gun bearer system vs. the scabbard.

kurtis12

FNG
I had the same concern. I emailed Mystery Ranch and they said the quick draw sling is compatible with the pack.