Mystery Ranch Pop up 28 question

Blake_08

FNG
Hey guys,

I'm looking at the mystery ranch popup 28 as my first pack. What I'd like to know is, has anyone elk shed hunted with this pack? I don't see any way to lash sheds onto this pack without modifying something. My budget $400 max and honestly this looks like the best pack for my budget and needs, but i need to be able to carry elk sheds with it.

A little more info, i live in Oklahoma and have never been on a western hunting trip. I plan on going shed hunting/turkey hunting in New Mexico this spring and I'd like to have a pack i can haul elk sheds on if I'm lucky enough to find some. I whitetail hunt at home so I'd use the pack for packing 50lb sacks of salt and cameras in the pre season and for packing out whitetails quartered in hunting season.

Can anyone help me out with this question or suggest a pack within my budget that would better suit my needs. Btw, I've been researching packs for a full month and looking in the classifieds here for used upper tier packs as well.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

JeffP_Or

WKR
Only way I can think would be to use the expansion straps on the sides and stack the finds vertically on the outsides. Otherwise, as you note, you'll have to DIY something unless you just stuff them in the haul area under the bag (but that would seem a bit awkward to me with points aiming in all directions). I think it would work fine for your bait/minerals - I have the prior model with the tent pole style stanchions and have found you have to be somewhat considerate of the bag that holds your product [minerals/bait] as the stowed poles have punctured a few items that I was humping home from the grocery store....

On a side note, I can only thank the Rokslide family for a lot of the legwork that led to my purchase of a PU28 - I have thoroughly enjoyed and appreciated having it over my original approach. There was also the final nail in the coffin on my purchase when a member posted up a vendor sale at a great price :D THANKS ROKSLIDE!