Mystery Ranch Qucikdraw Sling vs Kifaru Gun Bearer*

MtnBum

Lil-Rokslider
First I'd like to say that Mystery Ranch makes some pretty slick gear (mainly there packs to be exact) they're super veristile and extremely comfortable! I recently purchased their Quick Draw Sling due to the design/comfort of it. After after testing I've came to realize that it doesn't give me 100% hands free operation, the minute I start using my trekking poles the rifle tends to swing off my shoulder. I think they've got some work to do to the sling as far as making it more of a solid "hands free operation." On the plus side of things the sling is very comfortable and has a sweet magnetized buckle system that I absolutely loved. I'm curious on what your guys thoughts are on the Kifaru Gun Bearer. Is it comfortable? Does the rifle get in the way? How durable is it?

I have used a gun bearer for a few years now. To answer your questions... It is comfortable to me. The rifle isn't in the way but it does sit under arm so it does take a little to get used to. I use mine with trekking poles and have never had an issue. There are times in which the rifle barrel is at a level that impedes viewing with binoculars. As far as durability, I am not sure you can make it any tougher.
I have looked at he MR quickdraw sling but it just didn't look practical for some reason. At least with the gun bearer, I can remove pack and "carefully" sit down the whole system. The bearer is fast when it needs to be.
Hope this helps

OP
MtnBum

MtnBum

Lil-Rokslider
I have used a gun bearer for a few years now. To answer your questions... It is comfortable to me. The rifle isn't in the way but it does sit under arm so it does take a little to get used to. I use mine with trekking poles and have never had an issue. There are times in which the rifle barrel is at a level that impedes viewing with binoculars. As far as durability, I am not sure you can make it any tougher.
I have looked at he MR quickdraw sling but it just didn't look practical for some reason. At least with the gun bearer, I can remove pack and "carefully" sit down the whole system. The bearer is fast when it needs to be.
Hope this helps

Great info I appriciate it! From what your saying it sounds like it'll suit me needs nicely. I was worried that having the rifle under arm would be hard to get used to but I would rather have it under arm and secure than over the shoulder and not secure lol!;)
-Thanks Bearlodge10