Mystery Ranch rifle sling

adavy

FNG
Is the mystery ranch rifle sling worth getting? I've been strapping it to the side of my Beartooth pack and debating purchasing the sling. I see it doesn't have the greatest reviews. Is there any other options?

ORhunter74

Lil-Rokslider
Take a look at the Slik Sling. I love it. I’ve found you can keep the butt of your rifle in the “bucket” and carry it in your preferred hand if you think you might have a quick shot present itself. It takes a bunch of the weight off carrying that way but makes it so the gun is ready almost instantly. Also great for hiking when you don’t need to worry about quick access.

ropeup79

Lil-Rokslider
I would have to check but I think the thinner straps are 3/4" and the belt strap is 1 ¹/²".

ropeup79

Lil-Rokslider
Mine works well going around the whole belt/pad on several packs. Pretty simple "why didn't I think of that" system.

davitia

FNG
Anyone have experience with both the SG rifle sling and the slik sling thats been getting so much traction lately? I like the idea of the slik sling but the system looks a bit cluttered compared to the SG.

OP
A

adavy

FNG
I got the slik sling and used it this season. The issue I ran into was putting it on while wearing my pack, I couldn't get it back far enough where it wouldn't rub my shoulder. I moved the barrel strap further back on the pack but would need someone else to attach it for me since I couldn't reach. Loved it though once i got it on and quick to get off. Any tricks