Mystery ranch sawtooth vs pintler

Mobullets

FNG
Hey everyone I am curious if anyone has first hand experience with the pintler and the sawtooth. They seem very similar either the sawtooth having more capacity at lighter weight. Different zipper setup too. Curious to hear peoples thoughts on both. Unfortunately can’t get hands on them outside of ordering

I don't have both but I have the sawtooth. I used it for day hunting and love it. I packed out a elk and a mule deer with it last year and it did a great job. Very happy with my mine.

OP
M

Mobullets

FNG
I don't have both but I have the sawtooth. I used it for day hunting and love it. I packed out a elk and a mule deer with it last year and it did a great job. Very happy with my mine.
I posted somewhere else and it seems like the sawtooth was the winner so I ordered one. Scheels has em for 350 right now so decided to give it a go. Looking forward to it arriving. Glad to hear you like yours.

I had both and went with the Pinter. I didn’t like the zipper design of the Sawtooth, having to have it laying down to get into it all the time. I also don’t really need that much organization, it just let me bring more junk to carry around.

ElPollo

WKR
Just got a new Sawtooth on a clearance sale for $257. I’ve only done training hikes carrying sand bags his far. Its about 500 ci bigger than I was initially looking for, but I find myself really liking the size. The compression straps really sucks the bag down when it’s not fully loaded ensuring stuff doesn’t move around and make noise. The frame is big enough for my long torso, and the shoulder straps and belt handle the weight well. No squeaks or creaks. I am really happy with it this far.

I have the Sawtooth and so far I am extremely happy. You probably could not go wrong with either. The zipper is going to be a personal preference. It could come down to whatever you get a better deal on. I would be shocked though if a Sawtooth wouldn't suit most people's needs for its size.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I owned a pintler, sold it for a sawtooth when I was upgrading to the new frame style and then sold that for a pintler. They are both great. Organization on both is good. Access to contents is probably better on the sawtooth. I feel like the pintler handles a lid a little better but I don’t use mine with a lid often. As mentioned above, it comes down to preference around the main zip. 20 years ago the hardcore backpackers would have said the zippers on panel loaders were a failure point. These days, I doubt that is true With modern zippers. I just tend to prefer top loaders more than panel loaders. Mostly due to usage habits like packing style and standing my pack on its bottom to get access to my gear instead of laying it flat.

Sawtooth 45.
I'm on my 4th year with it, and find it about perfect for my needs.
I much prefer the versatility of the U zip. I have a lid that I keep tucked in the load shelve, but haven't needed yet.

I bought a Pintler bag only to compare. It's a great option, also, but I stuck with the Sawtooth. The Pintler sits, new in the box in my closet.

Sawtooth 45.
I'm on my 4th year with it, and find it about perfect for my needs.
I much prefer the versatility of the U zip. I have a lid that I keep tucked in the load shelve, but haven't needed yet.

I bought a Pintler bag only to compare. It's a great option, also, but I stuck with the Sawtooth. The Pintler sits, new in the box in my closet.
Any interest in selling the Pintler sitting in your closet collecting dust and getting in the way of things? Hahaha