Mystery Ranch Selway-Mule Combo

Jetro94

FNG
Good Morning

Was wondering if anyone could give me some insight on how to mount Mule to NEW MT Frame? Gonna use Selway to get back to camp and wanna downsize while day hunting. Don’t wanna have the extra bulk of back when not needed. Also does anyone know if the MR stick it pouch has a bottom on it?

Trial153

WKR
I was told that MR will be selling kits that will allow for the conversion.

Randonee

Lil-Rokslider
I just use my Selway as a day pack as well. I’ve found that if I tighten the two straps that run around the bottom all the way, before I load the pack for day hunting, then load the pack, then tighten the side compression straps, it work pretty darn well. The key is to tighten the bottom straps first.

OP
J

Jetro94

FNG
Thanks! I might just try that. Liked the idea of the mule having less bulk allowing more air to flow through back keeping cooler.

If you don’t mind my derail, what kind of camping gear can you fit into Selway. I am considering the Selway 60 for backing, but can’t get my hands on one.

Thanks!

I have a post on this somewhere but can’t find it.

Call MR. ask for repairs dept. they have a kit called a “time machine”. $10 + $10 shipping . It is a handful of buckles you add to the “old” pack that allow it to mate with the “new” MT frame. No cutting, etc. required but you have to thread a few buckles and the pain in the ass factor is high enough that you are not going to want to swap it from pack to pack IMO so buy extra if you plan on using it with more than one pack.

OP
J

Jetro94

FNG
If you don’t mind my derail, what kind of camping gear can you fit into Selway. I am considering the Selway 60 for backing, but can’t get my hands on one.

Thanks!

Sleeping Bag w liner
Hammock w/ quilt
House fly system
Helios camp chair
Baldder
Msr burner
Filter
Rain gear
Few extra hunting clothes in cinch sack
Pack fly
Poles
3 kifaru pulls for food/toiletries
First aid kit
Kill kit

OP
J

Jetro94

FNG
I have a post on this somewhere but can’t find it.

Call MR. ask for repairs dept. they have a kit called a “time machine”. $10 + $10 shipping . It is a handful of buckles you add to the “old” pack that allow it to mate with the “new” MT frame. No cutting, etc. required but you have to thread a few buckles and the pain in the ass factor is high enough that you are not going to want to swap it from pack to pack IMO so buy extra if you plan on using it with more than one pack.
Ordered the kit
Thanks

Sleeping Bag w liner
Hammock w/ quilt
House fly system
Helios camp chair
Baldder
Msr burner
Filter
Rain gear
Few extra hunting clothes in cinch sack
Pack fly
Poles
3 kifaru pulls for food/toiletries
First aid kit
Kill kit

Thank you very much for that insight, I really appreciate it! Sounds like it has plenty of space, definitely more than I expected.

Good luck out there and Best Regards.