Mystery Ranch

I’m in search of a mystery ranch bag only that is around 3000 to 5000 cu-in and is compatible with the guidelight frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*zap*

WKR
A mil surplus FILBE will fit right on the guide light frame, so will an alice pack or any pack bag that fits on an alice frame.

Selway = 60 liters (2019 version is made for new frame)
Metcalf = 70 liters
Marshal = 105 liters

There is a pack in their .mil line called an overload that is 50 liters. The are US made and pricey though.

If I were looking for a larger pack, I would focus on the Metcalf. An extra 10 liters isn’t enough to justify the cost. 20, maybe. Metcalf is almost twice as big and you will definite notice the extra capacity.

Ram94

WKR
Another vote for the Metcalf. Large enough to accomplish a 7 day hunt but compresses down nicely for a day pack.

Love the pintler. I would say it's good for a 2 or three day hunt at best for me. I use the pop up 18 for sept archery day use and the pintler for cold weather day use. Dont really find much need for multi day camp packs, just the nature of my hunting style and where i live.

I was in the same boat a few years ago and couldn't find a pack that MR made that fit what I was looking for. Then I asked Adam at Rugged Stitching to build me a pack. He built me exactly what I wanted and it is quality work!

MLon9242

FNG
I always liked the crewcab from MR. I tend to lean towards military packs. They take the most abuse and are usually the most flexible for different situations. The crewcab is nice because it can go from 1900-5000 depending on what you are doing. And how its set up lets you separate and organize your stuff so that you only bring what you need at any given time.

Jdancedc

FNG
The beartooth is just a bit larger than metcalf also. Just got the new version and it’s set up well, 80L but can remove lid and pack down smaller. Might be a good option and you can find them on sale now, about 20% off I’ve seen. The new 5 piece belt is amazing btw!

I always liked the crewcab from MR. I tend to lean towards military packs. They take the most abuse and are usually the most flexible for different situations. The crewcab is nice because it can go from 1900-5000 depending on what you are doing. And how its set up lets you separate and organize your stuff so that you only bring what you need at any given time.

Before I built my pack this was my go to pack from Mystery Ranch. I still have one and use it from time to time.

Rialh

FNG
The beartooth is just a bit larger than metcalf also. Just got the new version and it’s set up well, 80L but can remove lid and pack down smaller. Might be a good option and you can find them on sale now, about 20% off I’ve seen. The new 5 piece belt is amazing btw!
I’ve really been looking at the Beartooth 80, I think I have it narrowed down to it or the Stone Glacier 40/56, but I want check me out in person before pulling the trigger