N Idaho Guys

It sounds like N Idaho is similar to where I live and we both have wolves...So over the years every deer I've shot has been between 9am and 3PM. I still hunt am and evening through midday during the rut. Even early October warm weather I get pics midday. I grew up in farmland hunting am and pm, so I'm stuck on that but I never get oppurtunities like that here. I'm starting to think I'd be better to just hunt midday. Anybody notice this or do this?

drra

FNG
When I'm Bear hunting in the spring in Northern Idaho I see more deer while in the stand the last hour till the end of shooting time than any other time. I only go out a few weeks in the spring so it may be much different in the fall during hunting season.

Randle

WKR
Yep I dont get caught up in the be there at first light. I hunt when and however I can
Most bucks I have shot were 9 to 3

I’ve shot all my bucks between 9 and 12. I don’t sit in a tree stand as I find it’s a waste of time. Wolves have never had an effect on my hunting and I’ve shot my bucks in 10,10A, and 12.

Spikefrb

FNG
The clearwater region had a pretty big die off last year from what I heard. Have hunted 10A out of Pierce several times with mixed results. 1 year I killed a really nice high 150's Whitey...the next year 6 of us were skunked.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1564262881717.jpg
    FB_IMG_1564262881717.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 42
OP
C
Thanks for the input. To be clear I'm not hunting Idaho I was more curious if you guys had noticed most of your opportunities being midday.

jimmy33

WKR
Thanks for the input. To be clear I'm not hunting Idaho I was more curious if you guys had noticed most of your opportunities being midday.
I have shot deer up there from first light to last…by far I have shot more whitetails the last hour of daylight. I hunt way north.

Randle

WKR
Hunted hard this last weekend. Shot a great buck, but the numbers are down.
A friend has cams out and has no deer on the cards.
We hunted our normal areas and my buck was 1 of 3 deer we saw.
EHD may have hit but we did not find any carcasses.