N570

freebird

WKR
Has anyone heard if we might see any N570 this year?? I have 2lbs left and have been holding off loading any new loads.
I wonder how VV 24N41 or 20N29 might work in my 300RUM.

Not looking promising at all... I would start playing with some other powders. Ramshot LRT is showing some promise in my testing velocity wise. Norma217, Retumbo or IMR8133 I would check on!

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
freebird

freebird

WKR
I have a pretty decent load worked up with IMR 8133, but have also been looking at RE33. I couldn't get the speeds outta retumbo. I really wished I would have bought all the N570 my gun store had last spring.
Only time will tell. Was hoping someone might have talked to them at shot show and had some good news.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Mike's right, from the sounds of it, might be early next year. Some may trickle in this year but nothing substantial.

OP
freebird

freebird

WKR
I hear that N570 is everywhere up in Canada, so for some reason it seems to be an issues with the US.
Too bad a person couldn't just drive up there and bring back a bunch.....Would be a hop skip and jump for people living in North Idaho. I talked to my reloading shop and they said they were on the back order list.

OP
freebird

freebird

WKR
Its those Canadian 28 Nosler shooters. There was a local guy here in Boise who was looking for some for his 28 Nosler. I told him to try IMR 8133 until he could get some N570, he didn't seem to want to try anything other then N570. I almost sold him a pound but snapped out of it and kept my mouth shut....my RUM will eat up my last 2lbs really quick.

OP
freebird

freebird

WKR
And so it begins. My local shop seems to think they will have some in very soon.

I just emailed Vihtavuori about this yesterday. My reply was that they expected a shipment to dealers of 565 and 570 in first quarter 2019... and bigger jugs later in this year. Let’s hope!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FURMAN

WKR
In any case I doubt you are going to get any unless you backorder it.

FURMAN

WKR
Ryan Furman, you had me nervous. I called and they said it shipped today.

Yes, If you find a place that says they have snatch it up. My point was if you think you are going to get any of it in a year when it arrives you are most likely going to be wrong. I may be wrong but I do believe Bruno's for instance had all of theirs sold before it even arrived last time. I got a call roughly a year after placing my order asking if I still wanted it. They obviously will fill back order before stocking the shelves.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I got lucky and scored some off of here last year I think. Truly the unicorn of powder.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

bradb

WKR
Iam picking up 12 pounds of it tomorrow, its set aside for me and pretty sure there sold out before they even list they had it