Name and Number on arrow wraps

Ches

FNG
We don't have a regulation like this in Wisconsin that I know of. I have found full Broadhead tipped arrows in the woods and always wondered if they were a miss or the deer pulled them out. I can only remember once getting a pass thru and not finding the arrow.

WBrim

WKR
I’ve found arrows in the woods, and been curious what story was behind them. I don’t think I’d be very likely to follow up on them, but interesting to think about.

What if someone finds your arrow and uses it for something illegal or sticks it in the side of someone’s house, car etc.
Another scenario in todays world, you lose an arrow and someone walks into it or their horse does. I was just riding my horse on our national forest and a big bad hunter left this arrow laying around and hurt Penelope my beloved 4 legged friend. We need to ban bow hunting on public land. Then they decide to sue you for pain, suffering and or mental anguish.
Someone finds your expensive high dollar arrow with high dollar broad head and figures you have other nice things at home (Name and address on arrow) that they need more than you.
I see a lot of reasons in today’s society not to share my information to everyone.

What if someone finds your arrow and uses it for something illegal or sticks it in the side of someone’s house, car etc.
Another scenario in todays world, you lose an arrow and someone walks into it or their horse does. I was just riding my horse on our national forest and a big bad hunter left this arrow laying around and hurt Penelope my beloved 4 legged friend. We need to ban bow hunting on public land. Then they decide to sue you for pain, suffering and or mental anguish.
Someone finds your expensive high dollar arrow with high dollar broad head and figures you have other nice things at home (Name and address on arrow) that they need more than you.
I see a lot of reasons in today’s society not to share my information to everyone.
“Ban bow hunting on public ground?”

Start a new thread to discuss that one. Hopefully you were kidding or just making an argument…

Fear of a lawsuit is no way to live your life. imo, of course.

I guess it all comes down to perceived risk. Each person has to look at the positives and negatives pointed out already and if not a regulation then make the decision they are comfortable with. Heck, I tear off the address labels on all my hunting and shooting magazines before I throw them into the recycle.