Narrower boot options?

Sorry for yet another thread....

Going through information for boot fit, I discovered that I have feet that are low volume and on the narrower side... actually scratch that, they're classified as narrow as far as measurements go which would explain why I've been having some of the issues I've had.

I know Crispi Briksdals are a narrower boot. I've also heard Lowa boots are on the narrower side. What other boot manufacturers out there offer either a narrow sized boot or boots that just run narrow to begin with?

Thanks in advance.

Kenetrek mountain extreme comes in narrow version. The lowa el Camino is a great narrow boot as well. The forefoot is not very stiff but does have excellent ankle support

OP
J
Kenetrek mountain extreme comes in narrow version. The lowa el Camino is a great narrow boot as well. The forefoot is not very stiff but does have excellent ankle support
I may check these out. The regular MEs were working for me until I lost 30 pounds, and I think I went from a regular width(or closer to it anyway) to a narrow in this timeframe.

Scarpa and La Sportiva would also be worth checking out.
Any particular models stand out?

150plusB&C

Lil-Rokslider
I wear a 13 and have a super narrow foot. Crispis with a green superfeet insole best combination I’ve found in 25 years. I’ve got right at 200 miles on this setup and not the first hot spot, blister or anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vandy321

WKR
Sorry for yet another thread....

Going through information for boot fit, I discovered that I have feet that are low volume and on the narrower side... actually scratch that, they're classified as narrow as far as measurements go which would explain why I've been having some of the issues I've had.

I know Crispi Briksdals are a narrower boot. I've also heard Lowa boots are on the narrower side. What other boot manufacturers out there offer either a narrow sized boot or boots that just run narrow to begin with?

Thanks in advance.

I'll just leave this here...your answer from a thread I posted on boot fit.

"Dude boots are such a subjective thing - what works well in one application for one person will not necessarily carry over to the next."

OP
J
I'll just leave this here...your answer from a thread I posted on boot fit.

"Dude boots are such a subjective thing - what works well in one application for one person will not necessarily carry over to the next."

I think what you're looking for is a little different. Your thread was asking if you should buy a stiffer boot and if a stiffer boot was okay for lighter trail work which is where my reply came in, simply stating that some people have no issue with a stiffer boot on easier hikes while others hate them - its a matter of opinion.

I'm asking what boots run narrower, as some boots either offer a narrow style or they're just built narrower than others.

Vandy321

WKR
I think what you're looking for is a little different. Your thread was asking if you should buy a stiffer boot and if a stiffer boot was okay for lighter trail work which is where my reply came in, simply stating that some people have no issue with a stiffer boot on easier hikes while others hate them - its a matter of opinion.

I'm asking what boots run narrower, as some boots either offer a narrow style or they're just built narrower than others.

Well, in the spirit of unhelpful replies...I'd assume Google has a plethora of narrow boot options with just a quick search.

Just messing with you dude.

OP
J
Well, in the spirit of unhelpful replies...I'd assume Google has a plethora of narrow boot options with just a quick search.

Just messing with you dude.

Haha, its all good - its hard to know if someones being serious or not when text is your only form of communication you know?

Vandy321

WKR
I have narrow feet as well, a 10-C.

I ordered the Briskdal and the SF... will post how they feet my feet.

The Asolo Fugitive isn't categorized as narrow, per say, but is a pretty narrow fitting boot, and I really like it, but not for more than just day hikes or anytime I may have over 45lbs or so on my back. The shank is decently stiff, but the upper is not supportive enough for me.

Scarpa Grand dru was pretty narrow as well, as a mountaineering boot, I actually really like the boot, but needed more of an all around hunting boot and sold them. Flatter ground in the grand dru felt like ski boots, but it was a narrow boot and built like a tank.

Stalker69

WKR
I have wider feet, and have tried asolos of various types, and they are far to narrow for my feet. They all leaked after about 10-15 miles were put on them though. So you may want to check them out, or you may want to stay away from them if you need water resistants. Feet got soaked even in wet grass.

Asolo Neutron and Flame are on the narrow side. I do not have wide feet, but needed a wide width in these. Decently stiff. Haven't had any issues with the stiffness during my training hikes thus far.

bracer40

Lil-Rokslider
I have a narrow sized 13 foot and have found the following boot makers to have good fits: Salomon, Asolo and Zamberlan

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Salewa Crow boots are very light and defiantly narrow. Stiff shank which is great for steep country but the design around the ankle really allows for comfort when walking flat country. AA++
The old tech light hunters by Lowa and lathrop and sons are some amazing boots for narrow feet, and the new lathrop and sons boots are pretty close but slightly wider especially in the toe box. Most of the lowa models would be great, Scarpa and La Sportiva thrown in that mix.

Evergreen

WKR
What I have are the Kenetrek ME in narrow and work great. Also have The Summits which I wear almost daily and Briksdahl that feel great but dont have the miles on them yet to give a honest opinion. I do have the super feet orange in the Summits to fill some space.

OP
J
Thanks for the input guys.

I have a pair of Zamberlans on order along with some Dakotas and Briksdals.

I’m gonna look into getting some ME narrows as well - like I mentioned before, they were working before I lost weight. I didn’t know they offered them in narrow width or maybe I would have considered that... or maybe not, I honestly didn’t know I had what was considered narrow feet up until this morning. I feel stupid. I got measured before and was normal but that was when I was 190 as well.

elkduds

WKR
I have B width feet, Besides a specific B width pair of Redwings, my best-fitting boots have been women's models. My size 9.5 in men's equals 11 women's. Lots of brands in this size available @ Sierra Trading Post.