Narwhal Equipment 8 man Tipi?

Anybody familiar with Narwhal Equipment and their tipi tents? Price looks pretty good but it makes me suspicious of quality. One potential issue I see right off the bat is 20D silnylon for canopy vs 30D from Seek Outside for example. Just curious if anyone has experience with them. Here’s a link for those that are like me and had never heard of the brand until recently.

Geewhiz

WKR
Just checked out the website and it wasn't functional. From the homepage photos though it looks like they are a bunch of copycats.

OP
shooter50gill
I don’t disagree with the copy cat thought. The website seems to work fine for me though. I’ve been able to look around at all their stuff and begin checkout. Not that I’m checking out with anything...

Bryanboss429

Lil-Rokslider
I'm a huge Seek Outside fan boy. Have multiple packs and bags from them and a Silex. Love their products and CS. I was looking at getting a Redcliff or 6 person tipi early in 2021. Then I got a recommendation in my FB feed for Norwahl Equipment. I tried getting in on their tipi testing but didn't make the cut off. Then a few weeks later they advertised a few of their tipi's (4 person and 8 person) on FB for limited quantities. Couldn't pass up on the opportunity to try their 8 person. Nice price point. It arrived last week. Haven't had a chance to set it up yet. I did take it out of the box and looked at the quality of stitching a checked out the center pole that it comes with though. I will set it up over the holiday weekend and report back on what I see. Stitching looked good, and the pole was good quality.

I did contact them after I received it and asked them about stoves and nests for their tipis. They informed me that they were in the process of testing out both and would have them up on their website early next year. I think they have a half nest for the 4 person up already.

I will set it up over the weekend and get a few pics and report back.

ckkone

Lil-Rokslider
Would be interested to know the actual height, looking for one I can stand up in.

syoungs

FNG
Most of their stuff looks like something youd find on alibaba or wish to me. The tents do have a statement about when not needing for extreme weather or something like that. Doubt they will hold up like one of the big players gear would, but for a more fair weather tent i bet they are fine.

Beendare

WKR
20D is standard Sil nylon, much cheaper to purchase in bulk....the higher grade stuff Seek and Kifaru use is a significantly better quality. I compared the RSBTR mountain fabric [30D] to their std and yep...its a lot stronger....but also 2x- 3x the price.

Now how does that affect you....probably not much...but the 30d is tougher for sure.

FWIW, I had a 15D Golite SL5 that ripped when my dog stepped on one of the walls...that was super light fabric that I wouldn't recommend.

I build my own tents and tipis...one 12' did tipi from the RSBTR 1.6 oz hyper D [40d, I think] stuff and that tipi is bulletproof....

I'm using the 30d mountain fabric currently for a 2 man and its perfect for a light/fast backpacking shelter.