Nashville

I just got home from a week in TN& AL. My original plan was to spend a day or two in Nashville and see the sights, local food etc.. Spent half a day downtown and decided that was enough for me and headed east. The amount of construction, traffic,and homeless people is astonishing. ,Check out the Opry, Johnny Cash museum, maybe the hall of fame and call it a day. Ate a few meals in Nashville at the touristy spots and it wasn't anything special.
The best bbq I had in TN was at The Back Alley Bbq in Dickson TN, The worst bbq I've eaten in my entire life was at Leftys in Crossville TN.

Go to the opry or bluebird cafe (will have to buy your tickets right when they go on sale, I think the Monday before the show) then get dinner at loveless cafe, if you have the need for a bar hit up Tootsie's, then get the hell out of that pos town. Man how Nashville has gone downhill the last 15 years

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

TNHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Welcome to Smashville... I’ve lived in Nashville for 35 years and still live here. It all depends on what you are looking for ... downtown just opened back up for later hours. If your looking for the bar scene... Tootsies is a landmark tourist staple. Live music and plenty of beer and honky-tonk atmosphere. There are a lot of other fun bars downtown that is where a lot of folks from out of town spend their time; if you like hockey, then check out the Nashville Predators and see if they are in town; hard to get tickets with limited seating due to Covid. A lot of businesses are opening back up. Opryland Hotel is one of the worlds largest hotels in the world. Spend a night there and enjoy their enormous campus, entertainment and restaurants. Of course Hattie B’s is famous as well and is open, just got to stand in line a long time. Grand Old Opry is a great venue if it is open (COVID-19). Opry Mills is a large mall with a BassPro (next door to Opryland). There are a lot of music venues so google what you might be interested in and make sure they are open. The Omni is a fancy hotel downtown (not cheap). Uber drivers can get you anywhere and are plentiful. Don’t drink and drive though (I’ve got too many DUI clients already lol). Royal Range is an outstanding indoor range that I highly recommend. Country Music Hall of Fame; South Street Restaurant; a ton of other great restaurants; jump on board one of the pedal taverns that cruise downtown and have a beer or 2; the General Jackson at Opryland Hotel just opened back up (river steamboat on the Cumberland River); so it depends on what you are looking for. Stay away from Dickerson Road and Murfreesboro Road near downtown (ladies of the evening hang out there). If you like history, then The Hermitage is a great visit (President Andrew Jackson); if you like excellent Irish Celtic food and music, then you’ve got to go to McNamara’s Restaurant in Donelson on Thursday, Friday or Saturday at 7 and catch their live Irish music. Go and visit the Parthenon on the west side of the city and it is a replica of the original in Greece; if the Schermerhorn is open, then catch a live show there (Nashville Symphony); downtown is where all the fun stuff is located for most who visit. I could go on and on tho; hope this helps. You’re welcome to send me a pm if you have any questions. Enjoy your stay in our city

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Timplant

Timplant

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks everyone! We are only going to be there Saturday during the day, (gotta keep her happy) and then we head east to the mountains Sunday am. Thanks for all
The responses!

PAhntr91

WKR
I’ve been a few times.. it’s going down hill like someone said hipsters moving in everywhere. Good times at honky took central. Seems like all these pop singers are buying up every bar in town. Probably won’t go back. I did enjoy the jack daniels distillery went twice. It’s a cool little town rent a car and drive down for the day, there’s a good bbq shack in Lynchburg. Good luck and have fun.

TNHunter

Lil-Rokslider
TimPlant, Nashville just opened Fifth amd Broadway this past weekend. It’s an all inclusive venue for shopping, music venues, bars, apartments, etc. it’s been in the making for 4 years and it is supposed to be a great place to enjoy Nashville under one roof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robert’s western world Wednesday-Saturdays at 10 for Don Kelly’s band. Best guitarists in Nashville. City Fire for breakfast....

Huntinkev

FNG
As mentioned, Hattie b's for hot chicken. J. Alexander, Stone river for steak, bob's for high end steak. Maggianos for italian. Opryland hotel is neat, shopping next door at mall and bass pro.

TBO_Jason

FNG
If you go to Nashville, then you must check out the music and honky-tonks. And if you've only got one day to do that, you should visit Tootsie's + Ryman = quintessential Nashville. Those two places are legendary.

You could do a self-guided tour of the Ryman (considered the "mother church" of country music, home of the original Grand Ole Opry circa 1940s, and the introduction of Bluegrass), along with a beer and music at Tootsie's Orchid Lounge, right next door, on Broadway. The Ryman auditorium was originally a church, and rumor is that musicians (like Hank Williams Sr) playing there would sneak out the back door for a beer at Tootsie's between sets. Tootsie's is where Willie Nelson got started when he met Patsy Cline's husband and wrote "Crazy" for her).

Then get ya' some hot chicken.

Have fun!

Nashville Native. The city has changed a lot over the last 30 years, and not for the better. It is now a cesspool of ingrates who have no idea what they destroyed.

Loveless cafe is great food. I grew up about 3 miles away.

Chaffin dinner theater was Nashville's best kept secret until COVID. It is now closed permanently.

Stay away from downtown after dark, It sucks now.

If you do feel the need to go downtown, check out printers alley.

sneaky

"DADDY"
The state capital is pretty neat if you can get in. Lots of history in it.
Downtown is okay, when I lived in tennessee it seemed more like a tourist trap then anything else. Just don’t buy any boots or hats, way overpriced.
I much preferred the Gatlinburg and great smoky mountains park areas.
Gatlinburg is more of a tourist trap than Nashville lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk