National red flag law

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wvroach

WKR
Just so everyone is aware...

Contact your reps, if you can sit and argue on here you can send a letter or make a phone call.

This is not the answer to the issues at hand.

Some alternatives, fund the schools, train staff if they are so inclined with firearms. One I think we can all agree on, mandatory stop the bleed/first aid training for every staff member.

Just so everyone is aware...

Contact your reps, if you can sit and argue on here you can send a letter or make a phone call.

This is not the answer to the issues at hand.

Some alternatives, fund the schools, train staff if they are so inclined with firearms. One I think we can all agree on, mandatory stop the bleed/first aid training for every staff member.

No it's not, far from it. It will only create more problems.

1st, a direct infringement on the 2nd Amendment.

2nd, a direct infringement on the 1st Amendment.

The senators that need to be contacted are the ones begging to get their jobs extended come Nov. Anyone not running, it will be falling on deaf ears.

Last edited:

tracker12

WKR
No it's not, far from it. It will only create more problems.

1st, a direct infringement on the 2nd Amendment.

2nd, a direct infringement on the 1st Amendment.

The senators that need to be contacted are the ones begging to get their jobs extended come Nov. Anyone not running, it will be falling on deaf ears.
So u think it is a bad idea to temporarily remove guns from crazy’s

Ratbeetle

WKR
So u think it's a good idea to take away someone's fundamental rights without due process?

Of course they do. People in favor of this crap couldn't care less about due process, individual liberties or the constitution. They are so emotionally driven and short sighted that they can't possibly see or care where these laws ultimately lead.

I'm beyond sick of these "if it saves just one life" types. A free society comes with risks. Mitigating those risks means taking some responsibility for you own safety, not farming out personal responsibility to the state. If you don't like it feel free to move to some authoritarian hell hole that better suits your values. I hear china is nice right now.

So u think it's a good idea to take away someone's fundamental rights without due process?
The problem is in alot if places it will only be the order of a single person to declare you crazy.

Sheriff in a small town doesn't like you. Ohh your crazy gotta take your guns.

Ohh you have slight ptsd, your crazy.

Ohh you took my daughter on a date, crazy.

You picture certified crazy that have been committed.

Now now I know the government always has everyone's best interest at heart. But I only see abuse.

Crazy is a matter of opinion.

Wags

WKR
In premise I understand why this sounds like a good idea. However in practice we all know that it’s not.

How much of today’s society consider What we do & our way of life to be “crazy.” The last few years has pointed out to everyone that even “world renowned Doctors” can be bought & turned into puppets. Imagine that influence being pointed at you simply because someone doesn’t like that you hunt or that you own firearms…

It’s a very dangerous & slippery slope.

As an example, you’ve got a guy going through a nasty divorce & ends up in a depressive state. He sees his doc and gets on low dose meds & sees a shrink to help him through it…. And looses his guns & the ability to hunt and get outside doing what he loves. Sounds like a recipe for suicide.

Or the Ex makes a ton of false claims, with no recourse, and dad looses his firearms out of spite…

Not to mention the effect this would have on LE. Not just from an enforcement standpoint but in general. There is a number of LEOs that take medications and see shrinks to help them with PTS. Would they be disarmed for getting help? If so, nobody would ever speak up again & we’d start taking massive steps backwards.

It’s truly tragic what happened & I pray for everyone effected but regardless of the tool used, evil will find a way.

Something I would support is putting a School Resource Officer in every school. They can’t stop everything but having someone is better than no one.

Moserkr

WKR
No I don’t. There should be a due process to make it happen
Here in the great state of CA 🤢 I got to witness a red flag abuse on a friend.

His girlfriend at the time didnt like the idea of being dumped, so she claimed abuse. No evidence. Buddy lost his gun rights for 2 years and spent thousands on lawyers trying to fight it. Ended up just waiting out the clock on the judges “red flag” order that prohibited him from possessing firearms. He still had a bow, speargun, and other stuff though.

Rich M

WKR
So u think it is a bad idea to temporarily remove guns from crazy’s

All it takes is for your neighbor to call someone and say they don't feel safe that you have guns. Then the cops show up and confiscate all your guns, ammo, reloading equipment, and any gun related permits you have. Good luck getting your stuff back.

But I'm NOT crazy... That means nothing cause your opinion means squat. You're dangerous and crazy, maybe a lil mean.

You want this kind of stuff?

Lose the emotion and think clearly.
Why folks suddenly want to cede their rights every time a bad person does something bad is beyond me.

Do not give away your rights cause they'll take em.

You guys are missing the point, the radicles that have assumed control have already deemed maga/Trump supporters domestic terrorist. Now they are expanding the tent to include anyone that disagrees with them.

Overdrive

WKR
Look up the Susan Holmes RF filed against a LEO in Colorado and see how easy it is to file. She lied on the application and eventually got caught, but I'm sure there was a lot of investigation into this one because it involved a LEO, will the rest of us get the same attention if a false RF is filed?

The wording in this type of law really makes the difference in how it gets used or abused. But any law that makes a person guilty before due process is Unconstitutional, period!

Status
Not open for further replies.