National red flag law

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cut corporate welfare programs and increase the minimum wage to get back in alignment with the cost of living. Stop Union busting. Make the super rich pay their taxes and increase all wages to get back in alignment with the cost of living.

There was a time during my life when an average working man could support his family and live pretty well. I was a little kid but it was during my lifetime. I’m not very old. My mom didn’t have to work.
Lolol exactly what I was expecting.

The only problem with a national red flag law is that more than likley the D.O.J. will be the one incorporating it, there in lies the problem. Just one more step in crushing the 2nd. Do some re-search on the european countries and there gun laws.

Lolol exactly what I was expecting.
So, you think it’s good that we give corporations huge amounts of welfare? And that the ultra rich pay a ridiculously low tax rate? And that your wages are probably a joke compared to the pay for the same job 40 years ago? Are you ultra rich? Doubt it. It’s amazing to me that so many of you were so easily duped into thinking the rich care about your plight. The Koch brothers might be garbage but I can’t say they are stupid. They did a fantastic job convincing you that your problems stem from other working class folks.

Last edited:
So, you think it’s good that we give corporations huge amounts of welfare? And that the ultra rich pay a ridiculously low tax rate? And that your wages are probably a joke compared to the pay for the same job 40 years ago? Are you ultra rich? Doubt it. It’s amazing to me that so many of you were so easily duped into thinking the rich care about your plight. The Koch brothers might be garbage but I can’t say they are stupid. They did a fantastic job convincing you that your problems stem from other working class folks.
It's the same old tired talking points from the left we've been hearing for decades, point fingers and exploit people's jealousy. They're just as fake and made up now as they ever were. No I'm not for tax loopholes but how many billions do we have to send overseas before eyes start to open up and realize we have a spending problem not a problem with rich not paying taxes. You want to help the common folk like us, stop this inflation going on so people can afford to live and stop worrying about how rich the rich are. They don't matter to us.

It's the same old tired talking points from the left we've been hearing for decades, point fingers and exploit people's jealousy. They're just as fake and made up now as they ever were. No I'm not for tax loopholes but how many billions do we have to send overseas before eyes start to open up and realize we have a spending problem not a problem with rich not paying taxes. You want to help the common folk like us, stop this inflation going on so people can afford to live and stop worrying about how rich the rich are. They don't matter to us.
That’s convenient. You don’t matter to them either.

I’m fortunate enough to make about as much money as a person in an industrial job should. The union members that I work alongside make between $38 and $50 per hour with excellent benefits including a 401k and a pension. That’s how much nearly everyone should be making.

We’ve let our compensation drop ridiculously low compared to the cost of living. That happened under both democrats and republicans and has nothing to do with the inflation that magically matters right now. There is very little actual difference between the two parties. Somehow they’ve convinced us there is and we squabble over the most ridiculous things as a result. I really gotta give it to them. They’ve managed serfdom so well that the serfs blame one another for it.

I have no interest in turning that decision over to the federal government. They can't manage the national issues let alone state issues. Keep the feds out of our lives. Hell they aren't even capable of reviewing our tax returns.

I have no interest in turning that decision over to the federal government. They can't manage the national issues let alone state issues. Keep the feds out of our lives. Hell they aren't even capable of reviewing our tax returns.
Can’t say I disagree with that.

4rcgoat

WKR

I’m fortunate enough to make about as much money as a person in an industrial job should. The union members that I work alongside make between $38 and $50 per hour with excellent benefits including a 401k and a pension. That’s how much nearly everyone should be making.

We’ve let our compensation drop ridiculously low compared to the cost of living. That happened under both democrats and republicans and has nothing to do with the inflation that magically matters right now. There is very little actual difference between the two parties. Somehow they’ve convinced us there is and we squabble over the most ridiculous things as a result. I really gotta give it to them. They’ve managed serfdom so well that the serfs blame one another for it.
I agree,both parties are equally WORTHLESS. But......this rotting bag of oatmeal we have as a president and his administration are to blame for this inflation, like it or not.

bsnedeker

WKR

And the solution to all of those problems: The federal government!

Lolz!

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

I agree,both parties are equally WORTHLESS. But......this rotting bag of oatmeal we have as a president and his administration are to blame for this inflation, like it or not.
No doubt he is worthless. Another actor in the laughable theater production we are supposed to believe is real. It’s about as useful as screaming at the tv during a pro wrestling match.

Last edited:

Wrench

WKR
It amazes me that people find more ways to spend my money.

You do realize that the government is not going to pull money from one pocket to put in the other....unless that pocket is mine.

Every brilliant idea you guys come up with to save the world I have to pay for. How about we hit the rewind button instead of finding new ways to spend my money.

Yeah no difference, nobody notices $5/gal diesel over $2/gal diesel, or 40% more average price of produce and groceries now. Your answer to all that is just pay people more? People are paid what they're worth in the free market, that's just the way it works. Don't like it then be more valuable. What you should be complaining about is we've let our cost of living sail way higher than our compensation.

Yeah no difference, nobody notices $5/gal diesel over $2/gal diesel, or 40% more average price of produce and groceries now. Your answer to all that is just pay people more? People are paid what they're worth in the free market, that's just the way it works. Don't like it then be more valuable. What you should be complaining about is we've let our cost of living sail way higher than our compensation.
Your last sentence is almost exactly what I said. We are now arguing about the chicken or the egg. It doesn’t matter which came first. There are chickens and eggs. The two statements “It costs more to live than it should” and “we aren’t paid enough to live well with the cost of living” aren’t in diametric opposition.

I don’t think you saw the part about my pay. I’m not rich by any means but I do ok. The current cost of things has had no meaningful effect on me as compared to two years ago. There are a lot of people who aren’t adequately compensated for their work and who are having a hard time right now. Many probably work harder than I do and could add just as much or more value. You might even be one of those people.

You are spending a lot of effort to convince yourself that things are bad right now because of one person. I agree that that one person is no good. Things are bad right now and will continue to get worse because the system is intentionally set up to favor the people that control the system. The person in the Oval Office will not likely change that. The letter in front of his/her name isn’t much more relevant than Andre the Giant vs Hulk Hogan.

Last edited:
Jesus. No reasonable person would say he shouldn’t have forfeited his 2A rights… at a minimum.

Last edited:
Your last sentence is almost exactly what I said. We are now arguing about the chicken or the egg. It doesn’t matter which came first. There are chickens and eggs. The two statements “It costs more to live than it should” and “we aren’t paid enough to live well with the cost of living” aren’t in diametric opposition.

I don’t think you saw the part about my pay. I’m not rich by any means but I do ok. The current cost of things has had no meaningful effect on me. There are a lot of people who aren’t adequately compensated for their work and who are having a hard time right now. Many probably work harder than I do and could add just as much or more value. You might even be one of those people.

You are spending a lot of effort to convince yourself that things are bad right now because of one person. I agree that that one person is no good. Things are bad right now and will continue to get worse because the system is intentionally set up to favor the people that control the system. The person in the Oval Office will not likely change that. The letter in front of his/her name isn’t much more relevant than Andre the Giant vs Hulk Hogan.
It does matter because your entire method of raising wages artificially up literally causes everything we do to become more expensive and you end up right back where you started. It's not a solution to anything, just causes more problems when you try to regulate or govern artificially the free market.

It does matter because your entire method of raising wages artificially up literally causes everything we do to become more expensive and you end up right back where you started. It's not a solution to anything, just causes more problems when you try to regulate or govern artificially the free market.
-It isn’t an artificial increase in wages any more than the CEO of whatever company you work for making 300 times your annual income is artificial pay. We are under compensated so that the ones with influence can be overcompensated. It’s a pretty simple thing. A shift toward income equality (how it was post WWII) would not drive up costs. You wouldn’t print more money.

-This isn’t a free market. Tech companies, oil companies, big agricultural businesses, pharmaceutical companies, the defense industries and many others get special tax breaks and grants that you end up paying for without any choice in the matter. Best part is, you still get to pay full price for their products. Sound free market to you?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.