National red flag law

Status
Not open for further replies.

gabenzeke

WKR
Lines up Obama with Hitler, Kim Jong Il and Stalin? Seriously? We don’t have to agree on much but that is laughable.
I'm a Republican, and even I can admit Trump was more anti gun in practice than Obama. This is the garbage that makes the divide in America grow bigger by the day.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

I'm a Republican, and even I can admit Trump was more anti gun in practice than Obama. This is the garbage that makes the divide in America grow bigger by the day.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Obama signed the bill that allowed carrying your personal protective firearm in national parks so long as you are following state law. I’m sure he wasn’t thrilled when he signed it. But he signed it. I carried openly last time we went to Jellystone and had zero issues.

Last edited:

*zap*

WKR
The current folk in power can make red flag laws sound good. Just like they made bring everyone together and build back better sound good. The thing is they will not do anything but use it to defeat any opposition. All they want to accomplish is staying in control and expanding that control.

It’s unfortunate that the guy in the video didn’t elaborate on the details of the red flag law proposal. Guess I’ll have to read. 😢

If it specifically targets people threatening to harm others in the same way that many recent mass murderers have done I can’t say I’d be against it. I fear it would go beyond that so I can’t say I’d be for it either.

Something has to be done. The gun violence that is happening in our country is horrific. I have ideas but don’t pretend to know the answer and I don’t think anyone else does either.

rayporter

WKR
yo u have ideas.
i have ideas.
they have ideas.

and they want every single one of them implemented.----as well as ideas that they will think of in the future.

They!!!! Raaaaaa!
“They” might want to stop seeing innocent children murdered 10-20 at a time. “They” must be crazy.

Venom One

WKR
The proper response to this would be to reintroduce the public mental health system that was largely dismantled in the early to mid 80's in favor of "community treatment," that was never funded. You know, deal with those who are the problem and leave the rest of us alone.
I can't speak intelligently about the Mental Health programs in the 80's, but I certainly concur that mental health is one of the major common denominators for this issue. Unfortunately, one of the things I've heard is that many of our folks with mental health issues don't want to be bothered - they want to be left alone like most of us. Even when help/medication is available, they will refuse it.

Obviously it's a complicated issue with lots of passion on all sides. Hopefully we can find a reasonable solution that doesn't trample the freedoms of law abiding people while reducing the number of times we hear about a mass shooting where many people - including law enforcement - knew the person was high risk, but nothing could be done because no laws were violated.

Squincher

WKR
Thanks Reagan…

And the democrat controlled House and Senate who passed the Bill he signed.

This is exactly why the U.S. is in the shape we are in. We have a population largely made up of people too simple minded to analyze a problem and far too quick to jump on a political bandwagon. But they'll tell you all day long how smart they are.

Squincher

WKR
I can't speak intelligently about the Mental Health programs in the 80's, but I certainly concur that mental health is one of the major common denominators for this issue. Unfortunately, one of the things I've heard is that many of our folks with mental health issues don't want to be bothered - they want to be left alone like most of us. Even when help/medication is available, they will refuse it.

Obviously it's a complicated issue with lots of passion on all sides. Hopefully we can find a reasonable solution that doesn't trample the freedoms of law abiding people while reducing the number of times we hear about a mass shooting where many people - including law enforcement - knew the person was high risk, but nothing could be done because no laws were violated.

Every state has involuntary commitment laws for unstable people who are a danger to themselves or others. We used to have funded facilities in which to place them for mandatory treatment. I get the mindset that they aren't at fault for their mental illness and it isn't necessarily fair that at least some of them will end up confined for life, but I consider that a far greater kindness than we have now since they mostly end up in prison, dead, or homeless.

The major problem I see with arguing for gun control based on these incidents is that even if every firearm on earth suddenly disappeared, we would still be left with unbalanced, homicidal people with the ability to drive a car into a crowd or make a bomb out walking around among their potential victims.

The solution is simple, but it doesn't serve any particular agenda.

Last edited:

Flyjunky

WKR
I just saw the NBA and certain MLB teams are telling their fans to contact their elected officials about "common sense" gun laws. The left is going to use all their social/corporate/woke power to turn this to their advantage (never let a tragedy go to waste), instead of having any kind of serious discussion.

It's coming folks. With the current political climate and the need to take the news away from all the mistakes this current administration has created, this gun topic is the new covid/blm/jan. 6 talking point that we will hear about 24/7. Not because any new gun law will make a difference, but because it will help rally their base. Unfortunately, too many people will fall for this because they know nothing but what they are told and will think new laws will stop all these shootings.

2ski

WKR

This is exactly why the U.S. is in the shape we are in. We have a population largely made up of people too simple minded to analyze a problem and far too quick to jump on a political bandwagon. But they'll tell you all day long how smart they are.
So true. All those loonies storming the capital show thay fact perfectly.

And all the people that think every republican/democrat is evil.

Fox news and CNN. AOC and the last president. both two sides to the same coin.

Moserkr

WKR
I see a lot of people saying they “dont know what to do” to prevent all this craziness besides what some (idiot) politicians are presenting, which is beating a dead horse.

Its actually really simple - prosecute people who commit crimes and make the sentences hurt. There is way too much drug culture, gang culture, and lack of strong families / communities. There is literally an incredible amount of young people who are absolute morons and either into one of two things - thug life, or being a gender bending freak show weirdo. They all learn it from their parent(s)/family/friends/tv/iphone, and Id wager most of them are using some sort of drugs. These people abuse the system for freebies, do very little work that contributes to society, and do not plan on ever being slightly more than a burden to everyone else.

These losers also vote, and they’re popping out kids faster than the smarter people. Solution??

Lock down the border so hard the cartels stop making money.
Death penalty for drug dealers.
Bring real science back to schools and society.
Prison for anyone teaching kids about gender ideologies in school.
Instant death for pedo’s.
End welfare and handouts.
Death penalty for corrupt politicians.
Gun laws?? Constitutional Carry.

Top all this off with some extremely secure elections and all of a sudden the freak clown world circus comes crashing down. Lower taxes and open up the economy (like Trump did year 1-2), and all of a sudden the middle class will thrive. Stability and certainty lends well to stable households so they dont have to worry about buying groceries and gas.

Kids who grow up around guns, playing violent video games, and hunting (me) turn out just fine when given a solid foundation of a good family, education and religious upbringing. We have a generation of uneducated know it alls raising some of the worst kids yet to be seen so none of this is surprising to me.

How do we start?? Get rid of every single politician in our way. If anyone has a better idea or more to add, Im all ears.

Funny you should bring that up. Here are the votes on H.R. 3982 Omnibus budget reconciliation Act of 1981.

Passed the (barely) Democrat controlled House
Yea = 232
Nay = 192
D- Yea = 47
R-Yea = 185
D- Nay = 186
R- Nay = 6
80% of the Dems voted against
3% of the Reps voted against

Passed the Republican majority Senate
Nay = 14
Yea = 80

Signed by Reagan August 13, 1981

You can learn more about the implications if you are so inclined.

You might want to pop some Tylenol before reading it. There are several pages, no pictures and no catchy phrases that include “triggered” or “snowflake”. 😉

Maybe do a little reading before making thoughtless and insulting statements. We don’t all just eat your garbage without giving it a sniff.

Last edited:

Rich M

WKR
I just saw the NBA and certain MLB teams are telling their fans to contact their elected officials about "common sense" gun laws. The left is going to use all their social/corporate/woke power to turn this to their advantage (never let a tragedy go to waste), instead of having any kind of serious discussion.

It's coming folks. With the current political climate and the need to take the news away from all the mistakes this current administration has created, this gun topic is the new covid/blm/jan. 6 talking point that we will hear about 24/7. Not because any new gun law will make a difference, but because it will help rally their base. Unfortunately, too many people will fall for this because they know nothing but what they are told and will think new laws will stop all these shootings.
Never let a tragedy go to waste.

Folks are all worked up - the govt has been wanting to revamp the police system. So, here we have more police not going in to a school shooting (Parkland FL was the same) - it lends to get support to have more police changes.

Face it, some LEOs on here say diff, but based on the last 2 school shootings, the local cops aren't gonna go in til the shooter has run out of ammo.

Venom One

WKR

Folks are all worked up - the govt has been wanting to revamp the police system. So, here we have more police not going in to a school shooting (Parkland FL was the same) - it lends to get support to have more police changes.

Face it, some LEOs on here say diff, but based on the last 2 school shootings, the local cops aren't gonna go in til the shooter has run out of ammo.
Agreed.

It was stunning to learn that the cops didn't enter the school for nearly an hour. WTF? What's the purpose of funding a SWAT team if they're going to wait until it's "safe"? Can't imagine being a parent standing there watching the cops do nothing while your child is at risk.

OP
Wvroach

Wvroach

WKR

Unfortunately LE has no duty to protect the public, even the most vulnerable. The lack of heart in these officers is saddening but it is way more prevalent than most people think.

People freeze, analysis paralysis, especially in situations you don't know what you are walking in to a lot of things go through your mind. Some people accel some people lock up like a statue.

Poor training in most PDs, one week of live fire and a day or 2 after each year. Going through courses that LE was in as well as a civilian really shows a lot. The majority of those LEOs that were getting department money to pay for the courses didn't take it to heart and 9 out of 10 times performed poorer than the civilians that spent their own money. Full of ego and hot air most of the times.

Plenty of fault to go round. As a society we need to do better.

I hope everyone on here is staying on their representatives and senators.

That means your state reps as well.

hunt1up

WKR
I see a lot of people saying they “dont know what to do” to prevent all this craziness besides what some (idiot) politicians are presenting, which is beating a dead horse.

Its actually really simple - prosecute people who commit crimes and make the sentences hurt. There is way too much drug culture, gang culture, and lack of strong families / communities. There is literally an incredible amount of young people who are absolute morons and either into one of two things - thug life, or being a gender bending freak show weirdo. They all learn it from their parent(s)/family/friends/tv/iphone, and Id wager most of them are using some sort of drugs. These people abuse the system for freebies, do very little work that contributes to society, and do not plan on ever being slightly more than a burden to everyone else.

These losers also vote, and they’re popping out kids faster than the smarter people. Solution??

Lock down the border so hard the cartels stop making money.
Death penalty for drug dealers.
Bring real science back to schools and society.
Prison for anyone teaching kids about gender ideologies in school.
Instant death for pedo’s.
End welfare and handouts.
Death penalty for corrupt politicians.
Gun laws?? Constitutional Carry.

Top all this off with some extremely secure elections and all of a sudden the freak clown world circus comes crashing down. Lower taxes and open up the economy (like Trump did year 1-2), and all of a sudden the middle class will thrive. Stability and certainty lends well to stable households so they dont have to worry about buying groceries and gas.

Kids who grow up around guns, playing violent video games, and hunting (me) turn out just fine when given a solid foundation of a good family, education and religious upbringing. We have a generation of uneducated know it alls raising some of the worst kids yet to be seen so none of this is surprising to me.

How do we start?? Get rid of every single politician in our way. If anyone has a better idea or more to add, Im all ears.

Boy, we're going to need a lot more electric chairs, bigger prisons, and a much bigger army. You've got lot of killing and imprisoning to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.