Native/Sherman pocket as day pack setup?

colersu22

WKR
I currently have a native that I will use when I go hiking with my wife and I was thinking of adding a Sherman pocket and running that for hiking and day hunts. Does anyone have both currently that could throw the native on their frame and attach the Sherman pocket similar to a grab it and let me know how it works out before I order one?

Thanks,

Chris

jspradley

WKR
The Native can work as a day pack with the Omni straps... but it doesn't have any structure so it's a little floppy. I personally wouldn't recomment it as s dedicated day pack

OP
colersu22

colersu22

WKR
The Native can work as a day pack with the Omni straps... but it doesn't have any structure so it's a little floppy. I personally wouldn't recomment it as s dedicated day pack

I have mine set up with the Omni straps right now but when I put it on my frame I remove them, I was thinking on the lines of attaching the native to the frame and have the Sherman pocket act as a grabit.

Side note I have a plastic sheet in the native and that really makes it more comfortable when using just the Omni straps.

jspradley

WKR
I have mine set up with the Omni straps right now but when I put it on my frame I remove them, I was thinking on the lines of attaching the native to the frame and have the Sherman pocket act as a grabit.

Side note I have a plastic sheet in the native and that really makes it more comfortable when using just the Omni straps.

Ooohhh, if you are attaching it to the frame then you would be good to go! I'm gonna test out mine similarly but with a Nomad instead of the grabit

OneSkinnyHunter

Lil-Rokslider

I was thinking the same thing - if anyone does have a picture of the native on a frame with the sherman pocket i would like to see it as well.

OP
colersu22

colersu22

WKR
Ooohhh, if you are attaching it to the frame then you would be good to go! I'm gonna test out mine similarly but with a Nomad instead of the grabit

I have done that before with the nomad and attached the native inside the wings and it worked out pretty good vs running 2 pockets in that area.

Frank Grimes

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve got a molle frame kicking around, and was considering getting a native and guide lid, and maybe a belt pouch or spotting scope pocket to stick on the back of the native. Thought it would make a decent setup for day hunts and what not. Maybe use the native as a compression panel to hold on a 220 mule deer. Anyone know if it would attach to the frame?