natural setup archery #2 kill.

OP
T

trkyslr

WKR
How about trying public land, not yard birds.

If you only knew... The ranch i killed my #2 bird on was over 400 acres and not near any yards. By the way our group does hunt a lot of public ground and we have killed some of our birds there this season. So nice assumption. Good luck this season!

If you only knew... The ranch i killed my #2 bird on was over 400 acres and not near any yards. By the way our group does hunt a lot of public ground and we have killed some of our birds there this season. So nice assumption. Good luck this season!

I only assumed since your stories only mentioned "ranches", not public, I may have missed that part though, I didn't look at everything. Any way no need to get worked up, just a suggestion. You could always go tradional too. Good work killing birds the old fashioned way.

OP
T

trkyslr

WKR
I only assumed since your stories only mentioned "ranches", not public, I may have missed that part though, I didn't look at everything. Any way no need to get worked up, just a suggestion. You could always go tradional too. Good work killing birds the old fashioned way.

Thanks goindeep! Ya even our public spots are reffered to as maybe ranches ;-) a long time ago i learned loose lips sink ships and good hunting spots.

joehunter8301

Lil-Rokslider
How about trying public land, not yard birds.

I love it when ignorant noisemakers get on here and try to put others down. "Sometimes it's better to stand there and look like a fool than to open ur mouth an remove all doubt" :) yard birds HA!

Ha! Didn't put anyone down. Some people sure get defensive though. I call any private land birds yard "yard birds". Read into it all you want.

On another note, how come you two stopped participating in the local turkey calling competitions? We sure could use more participants.

OP
T

trkyslr

WKR
Goindeep, and to answer your question is the real judges are in the woods. Id rather fool an old tom who knows his own language better then some judge who doesnt. Calling contest are not my thing.

joehunter8301

Lil-Rokslider
I am with trkyslr on the calling contest. When I beat the states best caller you know the judges were as deaf as me. Rather hunt yard birds in this type of country.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 23
Bitter?? You shouldn't let that keep you from participating in a worth while event, its all in fun bro! And just remember, its only a turkey, they have a brain the size of an acorn.

OP
T

trkyslr

WKR
Bitter?? You shouldn't let that keep you from participating in a worth while event, its all in fun bro! And just remember, its only a turkey, they have a brain the size of an acorn.
not at all bitter... just not my thing as i did it to help out brian as a favor. as i said the real judges are in the woods. calling in a gobbler vs calling for a judge is a whole diff game. And not to change the direction of this thread but the event i participated in was not good from the venue's loud noises to the judges.

Finch

WKR
Congrats! Love the natural setup. Ever heard of a Rancho Safari Ghillie suit (sure you have, made in Cali)? Anyway, thinking about using my ghillie in conjunction with a natural setup. I've had success in a blind using a submissive hen and a gobbler in full strut. I just get tired of hauling the blind around and it's a pain in the rear to re-setup with it.