NBR Alaska Clothing Break Down

Hey Guys,

I have a hunt coming up for caribou in the NBR of Alaska in August. I am just looking for insight of my thoughts of my current clothing list and any additions/ recommendations. I have already read all of the threads on this forum and many others.

I have socks and base layers covered. I also try to overlap these items with potential use here in WI for deer hunting.

Rain Gear:
HH Impertech Top and bottom

Insulation:
Kifaru LPP Jacket
- Debating on getting the pants as well.

Active Insulation:
Kuiu Kenai Jacket/ Pants

Everyday Pants/ Jacket:
Kuiu Axis

Thinking the axis would be a good all around alter with the waterproof panels and if it gets real rainy I can switch to the HH. I’m not sure if/ how the over lap would be with the LPP and the kenai. I have a 20 degree Kifaru slick bag and I figure the Kenai would almost be perfect if I need an additional sleep layer and if I need insulation while hunting. LPP would be mostly glassing/ camp and sleeping if I really need it. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!!

The LPP and Kenai aren't even in the same ballpark. The Kenai is very breathable and would be a good day hunt layer. The LPP is awesome for glassing or around camp. I went with the Kenai pants under my Kuiu or First Lite pants and really liked being able to zip them off without taking off my boots.

You will have the HH rain pants that can go over your Kuiu pants, so I think you are set for the lower half of your body without adding the lost park pants.

Personally, I like a flannel style wool shirt over my under layer t-shirt. If I have to bust through some alders or something, it holds up way better than merino wool.

Don't forget a comfy knit hat to sleep in, maybe a neck gaitor or balaclava, and gloves.

A good, warm sleeping pad will help, and if weight allows, toss in a woobie to bundle up in if it gets too cold for you at night.

OP
Trey Arentz
The LPP and Kenai aren't even in the same ballpark. The Kenai is very breathable and would be a good day hunt layer. The LPP is awesome for glassing or around camp. I went with the Kenai pants under my Kuiu or First Lite pants and really liked being able to zip them off without taking off my boots.

You will have the HH rain pants that can go over your Kuiu pants, so I think you are set for the lower half of your body without adding the lost park pants.

Personally, I like a flannel style wool shirt over my under layer t-shirt. If I have to bust through some alders or something, it holds up way better than merino wool.

Don't forget a comfy knit hat to sleep in, maybe a neck gaitor or balaclava, and gloves.

A good, warm sleeping pad will help, and if weight allows, toss in a woobie to bundle up in if it gets too cold for you at night.
Thank you for that response! I have a grid fleece hoody to go over my merino base layers, and the hat and all the accessories covered also. I was thinking as far as sleeping goes, a good pad and possibly a light weight cot to stay off the ground and hold in the warmth.