Near town deer

jpmulk

WKR
Anyone ever stumble across a deer honey hole right outside town?

Got a spot that’s aroused my interest after going for a family hike. It’s a mountain bike spot with a few square miles of trail less north facing stuff on the backside. Private is right below it. Have to hike up and over from one side. I got curious and wandered down into the shaded north stuff and found a significant amount of deer sign. And we have some 170-180 class town deer that live in town year round.

Anyway, has me wondering if it’s an over looked hunting spot close to town that a decent buck could be hidden in. I’m sure someone hunts it but I’m guessing it’s lightly pressured with few predators being so close to town.

If it's anything like stuff I've seen close to town it may hold a big one but you could be surprised by how much traffic it gets. Worth a shot but the public land near town that seems over looked I've hunted seems to always have someone doing something on it. Training dogs, bird hunting, small game, you name it. Try it!

Seth

WKR
We’ve hunted a couple of areas like that with mixed results. Try it and find out.

Anyone ever stumble across a deer honey hole right outside town?

Got a spot that’s aroused my interest after going for a family hike. It’s a mountain bike spot with a few square miles of trail less north facing stuff on the backside. Private is right below it. Have to hike up and over from one side. I got curious and wandered down into the shaded north stuff and found a significant amount of deer sign. And we have some 170-180 class town deer that live in town year round.

Anyway, has me wondering if it’s an over looked hunting spot close to town that a decent buck could be hidden in. I’m sure someone hunts it but I’m guessing it’s lightly pressured with few predators being so close to town.
Are you talking Mount A.. or Mount H..?