Nebraska Archery Antelope

Glad to see those interested, there are definitely people successful on the grasslands every year. I went to school up there and spent many hours out chasing those goats. As long as you have the expectation you are not going to be finding B&C bucks around every corner and will have some competition you are in for a great trip

How has the weather been in the panhandle area? Been watching the drought monitors lately and they seem to be getting somewhat better over the last few weeks.

How has the weather been in the panhandle area? Been watching the drought monitors lately and they seem to be getting somewhat better over the last few weeks.
Very very dry. Grass is nonexistent and 95% of the water holes are dried up. 99% of the antelope we've seen have been herded up on private farm fed reservoirs, tons of hunters here for labor day weekend. We are here til Friday I will update.

Very very dry. Grass is nonexistent and 95% of the water holes are dried up. 99% of the antelope we've seen have been herded up on private farm fed reservoirs, tons of hunters here for labor day weekend. We are here til Friday I will update.
How did the rest of your week go?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

How did the rest of your week go?

Had a great week, lots more goats as the work week resumed, not many hunters around which helped tremendously. We left without harvesting but came very close any times. Had some great stalks. We will be back!

Had a great week, lots more goats as the work week resumed, not many hunters around which helped tremendously. We left without harvesting but came very close any times. Had some great stalks. We will be back!
Awesome I expect we will encounter the same preasure next weekend with the muzzleloader opening. Will be out for a full 9 days so we should have plenty of opportunities! Did you happen to see any mule deer or grouse during your time out there? We are thinking about picking up some additional permits just in case we bump into anything else.

Awesome I expect we will encounter the same preasure next weekend with the muzzleloader opening. Will be out for a full 9 days so we should have plenty of opportunities! Did you happen to see any mule deer or grouse during your time out there? We are thinking about picking up some additional permits just in case we bump into anything else.

Lots of muley does only one buck on private. Barely anything on public. Very isolated bottomland timber areas hold deer as the rest is desolate grassland. They're very easy to locate on private but unfortunately most public isn't the proper terrain. As for grouse we maybe saw 2