Nebraska archery antelope

Tmeeks

FNG
Hello,
I’ve got a statewide archery antelope tag for Nebraska an I know I may be asking a lot with this question but what the hell I’ll go ahead anyways. Im just lookin for pointers as this is my first archery hunt and with them being so tuned in I’m looking for locations as to the greatest numbers of antelope I have a few on the ranch that I’m running but with 3 months I’d just like other options an maybe larger quantities. Thanks for any advice also tactical advice would be appreciated I’ve practiced stalking up on some muley does just for fun but would certainly appreciate advice. Thanks again

bobr1

WKR
Some might give some advice but don't expect much. Also there is an Antelope specific thread in the hunting forums. Good luck

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

OP
Tmeeks

Tmeeks

FNG
Maybe I worded it wrong or whatever. I guess what I’m askin is if there is greater quantity of antelope in NW Nebraska or SW where would most focus their energy. I’m not askin for specific spots to go to. Thanks hope there are at least a couple western Nebraska natives in the forum.

Cornhusker

Lil-Rokslider
Just a warning this year with water sitting everywhere will be difficult if you're planning on sitting water as water is sitting in every ditch and low spot. I have the muzzy tag which covers almost the whole state so I've been just looking in many different areas and have been a resident for over 40 years. I think the Alliance and Imperial area have a lot of antelope at the present time probably more than the Northwest as the bad blizzard we had a couple of years ago definitely had a negative effect on the numbers. Density in Ne. will be way lower than Wyoming, Colorado or South Dakota all of which I hunt for antelope when I draw. I would use ONX maps find a herd or two from the road and see if I could get permission to hunt that ranch, most ranchers in Western Nebraska will allow access without a trespass fee if you ask. Lastly get an antelope decoy and use it they work well depending on when and how they are used. Good Luck.

JLW66

FNG
I had a tag last year. There was alot of water last year also. i used a blind, a decoy and spot and stalk. Humbling experience, but fun just the same. The public lands in the NW get hit pretty hard. Access is a big part of finding undisturbed antelope up there. I agree with the OnX maps to help keep yourself out of trouble and find places to try out. Good Luck out there.

Be quiet, move really slow, and enjoy it. They are super fun to hunt! Get a decoy and try to decoy one in!