Nebraska Buck

Is it difficult hunting pronghorn in Nebraska? I am a new resident and thinking of trying it. Much public land to hunt?

Is it difficult hunting pronghorn in Nebraska? I am a new resident and thinking of trying it. Much public land to hunt?

As a resident you'll have better odds, but it is still a pretty low success hunt if you're doing it all on public. Several members have mentioned the crowding from other hunters and goats going to private being issues.

I just moved to the eastern half of the state and am planning on starting to build some points for elk and antelope but access will be the issue I am afraid. I am planning on hunting deer out in the far western part of the state this year maybe that will clear some things up.

jrm02

FNG
Archery is OTC, but it does get crowded; I believe historical success rates are around 20-25% for archery tags. It's not easy, and I would imagine guided hunts/private land hunters have a higher success rate than those of us that hunt public. It is a fun hunt though, even with the crowds/low odds of success.

There are Resident only firearm/muzzleloader seasons, but it takes at least 2 points to draw; units with more public/antelope require more points.

agardner00

Lil-Rokslider
I didn’t have a tag but stalked this guy for fun. Got to 42 yards.
b27edc52630e77255ff8586d63089ee9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk