Nebraska Mule Deer success 2020

Daubsnu1

FNG
I've hunted NE public for Muley since 2011...tagged three, the biggest being this one in 2017. Opening morning of rifle season, he was in a valley with two other bucks and six does. Put the sneak on him...got to within 212 yards...he fell with one shot. This was the biggest Mule buck I have ever seen on public in NE.

Lots of public in NE...be prepared to walk, get away from roads, and other hunters. I've seen license plates from WI, MI, PA, WV, IN, OH, MN, SD, IA, MO, KS, TX, OR, and even UT (they came to Nebraska because it was the closest they could hunt white tails).

Finding Muleys isn't like finding them in western states...food everywhere (pasture land), and water is plentiful (stock tanks in every pasture). I have never really been able to get a pattern on Muley's in this state, at least the places I've hunted. They seem to just show up out of no-where...and disappear as quickly.

This year brother and I gained access to a friend of family ranch. He has a bad back, so the long hikes and packing deer out was not an option any more.

Good luck. PM me if you want to chat more.

Attachments

• 20171111_083859.jpg
    20171111_083859.jpg
    505.4 KB · Views: 34