Nebraska Mulie hunt with my sons, thoughts?

Kevrod3

FNG
My boys are 12 and 16 and we are planning to hit the ground running for deer in Nebraska. We are thinking about bow hunting for 3 days before the rifle season starts up, then hunting several day of that as well. We're from Ohio so we understand they're gonna be a learning curve associated with this hunt.
How hard is to gain access to private land? (I know that's kind of a "no duh" kind of a question) I'm sure we'll try and stick to as much Public land as we can, but after talking to F&G they said the BELF land is technically private land used by the state to make money for the school system. Are the landowners accommodating to hunters usually or is it a Trespass fee $$ kind of scenario?

Cornhusker

Lil-Rokslider
This question is asked a lot on here if you want to research some previous threads. I've lived in the center of the state where few people live for the last 40 years most of the landowners are getting constantly bombarded by outfitters from other states. I started a small outfitting business just to keep my access on a 10,000 acre ranch because is constantly getting contacted by outside outfitters and I know the future will lead to it being leased. My point unless you have a contact private access will be tough to get. BELF is sometimes called school sections it is rented to landowners and they do control access to it which sometimes has been with the ranch for 100 years as grandparents often got the initial lease

I think killing a muley on public land in Nebraska is one of the more difficult hunts that you can do. You will see a lot of people for sure for whatever reason the last 2 years have slammed public land. This weekend I road my bike some in Nebraska National Forest (Halsey) and most of the cars are from eastern states hunting archery mulie as well as grouse. It can be done but it's really difficult. Good luck I hope you and your boys have a successful hunt.