Nebraska or South Dakota?

Which state for archery merriam? Looking to do a merriam hunt this coming spring and I’m not sure which state? Any recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which state for archery merriam? Looking to do a merriam hunt this coming spring and I’m not sure which state? Any recommendations?

Both have a lot. Badlands would be a neat place to hunt. Check prices and availability and go from there.

Joe Holden

Lil-Rokslider
Unsure of South Dakota, but Nebraska has an Archery Only season prior to regular firearms. The tags are the exact same (can be used in Archery, or general season) and you can purchase up to 3 tags. Long season for turkeys too.

OP
H
Unsure of South Dakota, but Nebraska has an Archery Only season prior to regular firearms. The tags are the exact same (can be used in Archery, or general season) and you can purchase up to 3 tags. Long season for turkeys too.

What sort of gameland/public do they have for merriam? Just need a starting point basically. Not looking for anyone’s spot.

rcsd6x5

FNG
Western South Dakota has plenty and the scenery is great. Good luck with your hunt!

Beaglegun

Lil-Rokslider
Neither!!! Hunt Wy, its way better, way easier , way more birds, 100% merriam, most importantly, zero masked koolaid drinkers!!!!

Last edited: