Nebraska public land Mule Deer

OP
Trey Arentz
That's a poke for a recurve. Great shot man. He moved just as you were releasing, otherwise it would have been right on the money. Thanks for taking the time to make that and share it.
Yeah 30 yards is usually my max and to be honest I had no idea how far it was until after I took the shot. But I felt extremely confident taking that shot so it all worked out. Yeah his movement before the release definitely made the shot a little further back but he still ended up dead in 50 yards. Thank you for checking it out!

Yeah 30 yards is usually my max and to be honest I had no idea how far it was until after I took the shot. But I felt extremely confident taking that shot so it all worked out. Yeah his movement before the release definitely made the shot a little further back but he still ended up dead in 50 yards. Thank you for checking it out!
I've shot two with my recurve at 30+. Like you said, when it feels right you don't worry about the distance. Both of mine were centerpunched in the boiler room - one through the heart - at 34 and 37 yards. That's where all the practice pays off. That buck is a trophy as far as I'm concerned.