Nebraska Tactics

I’ll be in W Nebraska bow hunting 11/5-11/9. I’m looking at Pine ridge/Ft Robison/Soldier Creek OR Oglala. Pine Ridge area would be glassing from high points and spot and stalk I assume. What would be the best tactic for the Oglala area? Any opinions on which area is better? Also, would it be worth getting a Pronghorn tag in these areas? Thanks!

KHNC

WKR
I will be hunting there the exact same time. Oglala has a bunch of pronghorn, few deer normally. Pronghorn should be grouped up by then, making them tough to stalk. If you can find muleys in the pine ridge, that is your best bet. Rut will most like NOT have started yet. Possibly some whitetail may be chasing does a little. Always seems to peak during rifle. Public land is tough in that area. I would avoid Fort Robinson. That place gets shot up every year during rifle.

OP
Warren1726
I will be hunting there the exact same time. Oglala has a bunch of pronghorn, few deer normally. Pronghorn should be grouped up by then, making them tough to stalk. If you can find muleys in the pine ridge, that is your best bet. Rut will most like NOT have started yet. Possibly some whitetail may be chasing does a little. Always seems to peak during rifle. Public land is tough in that area. I would avoid Fort Robinson. That place gets shot up every year during rifle.
Good advice, thanks! Have you been in the Soldier Creek Wilderness?

DunnCoHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I hunted Soldiers Creek and fort rob in September. All public lands were very crowded when we were out there. Had trouble locating decent bucks. Feel free to pm me if you have more questions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk