Nebraska turkey law

Jimbo V

WKR
OK fellers and ladies I'm heading up to Nebraska to go chase some gobblers and I have a question regarding the transportation laws this is what the reg states
"Transportation - It is unlawful to possess any turkey unless the legs, thighs, and breast remain together until the bird
is consumed or the bird arrives at the permanent abode of the possessor. The breast meat may be removed from the bone but must remain as two entire halves. Birds taken in the spring must have proof of sex consisting of: 1) the legs with spurs naturally attached; 2) the beard naturally attached to the breast; or 3) the detached beard with
at least 1⁄4-inch of skin remaining at the attachment site and kept together with the leg, thighs and breast."

So my question is, can I pull the leg/ thighs and the breasts from the carcass, throw it all In a ziplock in my cooler then retain the leg with spurs and or beard in the same cooler?

Being from Colorado I'm used to the keep it together attached the the carcass with evidence of sex naturally attached law, so I'm up in the air on how to interpret the above, in the end if I have to bring the entire carcass hope that's fine I was just trying to keep things a little easier when I get home late at night with work the next morning.
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldgoat

WKR
I understand that to be just like Colorado except it sounds like you can filet the meat off the breast bone. Last turkey I shot, I just gutted it and shoved a 2L pop bottle that I filled with water and froze prior to the hunt into the gut cavity and stuck it the cooler. By the time I got back to the house an hour and a half later it was thoroughly chilled, all the feathers and skin being on held the cold in the bird, worked really good.

I cut under the shoulder blades, from the spine toward the shoulder, on both sides and remove the breast as one piece. Obviously removing the wings. Then I cut the thighs off around the hip joint, leaving the lower leg attached.

I'm pretty sure you're fine doing it the way you asked. As long as you have the attached evidence of sex and all your pieces add up to one whole bird.

OP
Jimbo V

Jimbo V

WKR
I cut under the shoulder blades, from the spine toward the shoulder, on both sides and remove the breast as one piece. Obviously removing the wings. Then I cut the thighs off around the hip joint, leaving the lower leg attached.

I'm pretty sure you're fine doing it the way you asked. As long as you have the attached evidence of sex and all your pieces add up to one whole bird.

Thanks for the guidance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk