*Nebraska Turkey Season UPDATE

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nebraska Game and Parks have shut down all non-resident turkey license sales. The way I understand it, if you already purchased your license in the brief 10 days it was open you are still good to use it. Residents can purchase and use as usual. But big change to non-residents.

100% of our clients are non-residents and none purchased tags before this. I have our turkey leases paid in full so the virus has officially hit home for us.

Jbehredt

WKR
Noooo! Count me on the list of people planning to hunt NE but waiting to buy a tag until the last minute just in case something like this happened.

KHNC

WKR
I always buy my tags in advance anyway. But i wasnt going this year. Too bad they resort to this

Damn you Nebraska! Hope the rest don't fall like dominos. Have/had plans to hunt OK, KS, TX, AL, and possibly NM. Glad we got in FL, and GA out of the way already.

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Damn you Nebraska! Hope the rest don't fall like dominos. Have/had plans to hunt OK, KS, TX, AL, and possibly NM. Glad we got in FL, and GA out of the way already.

I believe KS is in the process or is shut down now. There are public lands being closed in Illinois I know. The part that really gets me with Nebraska is they haven’t told anyone.... they signed a bill that shut it down but won’t tell anyone. Buddy called this morning and the guy said “I can’t comment”. Like WTF.

eabe4a223263d1948b155a53bc86bf67.jpg
da0cce90f94101c0aafa08919f07faa0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ian Ketterman

Lil-Rokslider
Damn. Curious how this will cause dominoes for other states this spring and how far into the year it goes.

Bigger question, how long until it doesn't matter if you bought your tag, you cannot come hunt? Weird times.

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Damn. Curious how this will cause dominoes for other states this spring and how far into the year it goes.

Bigger question, how long until it doesn't matter if you bought your tag, you cannot come hunt? Weird times.

I'm thinking the same thing as far as shutting the rest of it down. Could be a matter of time.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sorry to hear that Jordan as I know most wait until they get to town to buy their license.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Jbehredt

WKR
They also shot a text out this afternoon to people registered with them. Still trying to convince myself to put all of my gear away. Bummed.

pk_

WKR
They are shutting down access to a ton of public land tomorrow here in central and south FL. They have already shutdown access to all the public waterways and ocean access. This is getting out of hand.

If you live in a rural area, count your blessings. I no longer just live in a concrete jungle, I am now a prisoner of one.