Nebraska turkey... ticks

WoolyBugger

Lil-Rokslider
Wasn't sure where to put this but going to NE for turks this weekend and last time I went to Nebraska, two years ago, the ticks were unbelievable. Picked them off constantly any time I sat down and when I got home, I found 3 more still on me.. Anyone have some sound advice on products that help repel these mofos? Heard permethrin was good. Hoping its still early enough they won't be as bad

MThuntr

WKR
Treat your clothes with permethrin and let it dry before wearing. Totally reduces the number of ticks. Not saying they won't try to get you but it helps a ton. With the wet weather they have I would assume mosquitoes will be equally bad.

Yep, permethrin it’s a night and day difference. Spray everything you’re wearing including boots, socks, hat. Also you can rub some deet on your ankles, neck, and around your stomach to prevent one from sneaking in that way.

howl

WKR
40%+ DEET everywhere one could slip in your clothing. Permethrin is great, but don't rely on just it. You will want to reapply DEET at lunch time, if less than 100%.

tgus59

Lil-Rokslider
I already had one crawling on me this weekend, not attached luckily!

Jsc

FNG
Turkey hunting in nebraska in late april and may is horrible with tics. I have also used the permethrin spray on my clothes with great results