neck knives - what do you use?

motts

Lil-Rokslider
I recently started wearing a small AG Russell hunters scalpel as a neck knife while fishing and find it way more practical than I imagined, but it's not really built to do any serious (or even semi-serious beyond cleaning a fish) work with. As a result, I've been looking at other options like the Esee Candiru (I already own an Izula but feel like it would be too cumbersome). If you wear a neck knife, what model is it and why did you choose it?

Tuscaoka

WKR
Izula and tops tibo

tops crow hawk caught my attention also
If u like Scandinavia grind the tops mini scandi

most of these will probably also be too cumbersome for u

Linedawg

Lil-Rokslider
I carry a benchmade altitude when hunting and love it I’ve skinned and deboned 1 cow elk 3 Missouri whitetail And two turkeys without sharpening getting ready to have them sharpen it using there life sharp program

OP
M

motts

Lil-Rokslider
Izula and tops tibo

tops crow hawk caught my attention also
If u like Scandinavia grind the tops mini scandi

most of these will probably also be too cumbersome for u

I'm willing to try the Izula seeing how I already own it, but I'll have to either purchase or make a kydex sheath for it first.

OP
M

motts

Lil-Rokslider
I carry a benchmade altitude when hunting and love it I’ve skinned and deboned 1 cow elk 3 Missouri whitetail And two turkeys without sharpening getting ready to have them sharpen it using there life sharp program

Everyone who has the Altitude seems to like it, but I see it as too "task-specific" - breaking down an animal - to be a true necker.

Oregonboy

WKR
Check out Murray Carter of Carter cutlery. His stuff is spendy but I believe they are the best made neck knives in the world. Handmade in Hillsboro, OR.

Shraggs

WKR
Murray carter is a master blade smith, he ya awesome stuff

I have bark Rivers version of his neck knife, but want one of his too

Linedawg

Lil-Rokslider
Everyone who has the Altitude seems to like it, but I see it as too "task-specific" - breaking down an animal - to be a true necker.
I agree I wouldn’t use it for everyday use it’s pretty thin and would have to assume it’s maybe a little brittle as hard as the steele would have to be to hold an edge like it does but for skinning deboning and so light I forget I’m wearing it it is awesome

Rokwiia

WKR
ESEE IZULA is always with me in the woods. The handle is wrapped in paracord and is on a paracord lanyard. It's both convenient and quick to access.

rcdinaz

FNG
Fairly titanium backpacker with the handle wrapped in glow in the dark paracord. Daniel makes some really great knives!

DESERT ED

FNG
Fairly titanium backpacker with the handle wrapped in glow in the dark paracord. Daniel makes some really great knives!

Must be nice. He’s sold out of everything. Looks like good stuff though

The ESEE CR 2.5 is a great little knife that I carry at all times. The Izula or the Izula 2 are also good knives. Their warranty is great if you ever have to use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk