Neck sizing lube.

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved
Yep, One Shot spray can. Doesnt matter neck sizing vs full sizing. Put them in the tray and spray down at a 45 degree angle from each side of the tray. Allow to dry for 2 or 3 min, then start sizing and wipe excess off with rag after sizing.

Wrench

WKR
My first bottle of rcbs case slick lasted about 15-20 years. Enough to fill a contact lens will do both sides of the pad and hundreds of rounds.

I've tried the spray and lanolin. They work, but I have dented plenty of cases from being in a hurry.

packer58

WKR
Another vote for Imperial Sizing Lube, especially if your just neck sizing .... no sense having to clean lube off the entire case if you don't have to ...

eldeuce

Lil-Rokslider
99% isopropyl alcohol + lanolin
1oz of the lanolin with 10oz of 99% isopropyl alcohol makes very good and cheap case lube.
I have used it for years.

I put the cases in a plastic tray. Spray them. Shake the tray. Spray a second time. I let the alcohol evaporate. Cases are lubed when alcohol dries. Never had a case get stuck in the sizing die.

way cheaper than commercial products; seems to be a popular combo, purchased together, on amazon ;)

1669908829622.png

6tyfive

FNG
99% isopropyl alcohol + lanolin
1oz of the lanolin with 10oz of 99% isopropyl alcohol makes very good and cheap case lube.
I have used it for years.

I put the cases in a plastic tray. Spray them. Shake the tray. Spray a second time. I let the alcohol evaporate. Cases are lubed when alcohol dries. Never had a case get stuck in the sizing die.

way cheaper than commercial products; seems to be a popular combo, purchased together, on amazon ;)

View attachment 482157
I like it how Amazon is grouping items together, and you can tell when reloaders have been on there. I think people get in a hurry and don't let the alcohol evaporate when using it and get stuck cases. I've found it best to spray and let them set for at least 10 minutes if not closer to 20.

Hornady One Shot is great but heading to Amazon now to try this home brew - never heard of that before.

Goose71

FNG
Just received the Redding dry lube powder with the ceramic beads in container will be trying it tomorrow.

hiker270

WKR
I form 30-06 cases to 35 Whelen by running them through the full length 35 die. I have found that if you are gonna expand the neck that much that a good dry wax like Imperial inside the case neck works much better than the spray lubes.

I like it how Amazon is grouping items together, and you can tell when reloaders have been on there. I think people get in a hurry and don't let the alcohol evaporate when using it and get stuck cases. I've found it best to spray and let them set for at least 10 minutes if not closer to 20.
I use the 1-12 ratio of lanolin and red heet. Like has been said if you do this wait and let the alcohol flash off for 10-15 minutes. Very slick case lube. Have never had a stuck case either. I use imperial Sizing Wax if not doing a great quantity of cases. I tumble them in dawn and warm/hot water to get the lube off.

Just received the Redding dry lube powder with the ceramic beads in container will be trying it tomorrow.
I use this to seat my bullets but don’t use it to resize your cases. It it very dirty and you will probably stick your cases Unless you’re neck sizing. The dry powder makes the bullet seat easier but for sizing use the Redding Imperial Sizing Wax. A little bit goes a long way.